Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Most things fried in butter are my favorites.  :)
    I'm pretty fond of frying stuff in butter myself. It's just the glutton in me ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Having dinner with a view.  

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    @Sea2Ski every post you make, makes me seriously question my life's choices.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    Right now I'm recovering from a big pile of steak and shrimp that I put down. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sea2Ski
    @Ozzie_Isaac you make choices and make the best of the outcome.  Sometimes you choose the right one, sometimes you don't. I have made more wrong choices than right.  I try to make lemonade from the lemons, and sometimes it works out.  Do not waste any more time reflecting than the amount of time to recall when you had to make a choice simular to the one you have to make now, and adjust/decide accordingly.  Make it then move on. What is done is done.  Based on your posts, you do not make any bad decisions (Well, egging in a suit may be one to question...) but that is it.  Stop questioning life, and live it.  :)  

Also, another thing to remember, I do not post the bad things, or the personal "challenges" I have in my life. I only post the good things.  
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Speaking of which:   A maple glazed donut with candied bacon followed by a warm apple fritter is one of the good things....

Large and MiniMax

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Boarding my flight to Houston.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Waiting for a plumber.. :|
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Sea2Ski well said!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited August 2015
    This was the first time my wife and I have had plans to go out to dinner in a year or two. (I personally would rather eat at home and put that money for overpriced food towards good meat) My wife thought it would be fun to go downtown Minneapolis for some authentic Italian pizza for our anniversary. It was actually nice to get up out of the house and head downtown for an average Tuesday. During the work week downtown is quiet and actually really a nice place to go and check out. The best part of our night was sitting at the pizza bar. I picked up some tricks watching these authentic Italian workers make and shape pizza.  It was also cool watching them work their magic with the firebrick pizza oven. The pizza itself was okay. I'd take Punch Pizza any day over this particular place. Makes me want to keep working with 00 flour and keep working on my pizza game!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Enjoying the smell of fresh bread.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Starting my weekend!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Starting my weekend!!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I agree!  Started a new schedule.  4x10s.  Loving it so far.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I started the weekend also. Got 14lbs of shoulder from Costco for burnt ends tomorrow and gonna do bacon wrapped cheese stuffed burger dogs tomorrow also. Oh and I'm on my way to drunk.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Unfortunately I work 4x10 also, then comes Friday and I go back....
  • SGH
    Started a new schedule.  4x10s.  Loving it so far.
    I would give just about anything to work those hours. Sadly it's 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day for me.

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Started a new schedule.  4x10s.  Loving it so far.
    I would give just about anything to work those hours. Sadly it's 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day for me.
    You, my friend, do work some absolutely hellashish hours.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Unfortunately I work 4x10 also, then comes Friday and I go back....
    I have learned having Friday off just means drinking alone Thursday night :(  Everyone else has to work.
  • SGH
    Bringing the pit up to temp. Going to make a democrat chicken tonight. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Bringing the pit up to temp. Going to make a democrat chicken tonight. 

Democrate chicken is one of my favorites.  Not dried out, tough, and tasteless like Republican chicken :giggle: 
  • SGH
    Democrate chicken is one of my favorites.  
    All kidding aside, do you know what democrat chicken is? I served them at brisket camp. They are actually real good. 

Status- Standing by.

• BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    edited August 2015
    I cooked up a pound of bacon on the egg earlier, going to put it on pizza tomorrow. So I decided to enjoy a little of it now with a little Havarti and dill cheese and crackers. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Just finished cleaning a huge wasp nest out from behind my Tacoma's driver's side mirror.  Had hopped in yesterday afternoon to get Emissions checked (I normally keep it parked thru the summer) and as soon as I slammed the door a bunch of the buggers emerged, none too happy.
    As I was driving away, I rotated the mirror all the way left, right, up, and down, crushing the nest a bit and causing more to come out, some flying some mangled.  
    When I got back I noticed that most of the wasp family had come back home from the mall or something, a dozen on the wall of my carport and another dozen flying around.  I parked in the driveway, snuck in the front door of the house, and plotted.  Finally: didn't want to spray Raid directly behind the mirror as it'd gum up the gears and electricals, stain the plastic, so I sprayed a strip of cardboard, let it drip dry, slid it into the mirror, and pulled into the carport.  The wasps swarmed back in, were probably Not Very Happy, and I slipped out the passenger door and into the house.  I put a new, high-tech "optical/sticky" wasp trap right next to the mirror after the excitement died down a bit.
    This morning there were still a few flying around, but very slowly and a few dead ones on the concrete.  This afternoon I squished the last ones and dug out the nest.
    My fancy la-dee-da wasp trap caught one wasp, despite being 4' away from the mirror:

No stings, cleaned up, I should be good until next summer.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    Prepping these to cook with the democrat chicken. I use the same stuffing in these as I do in the chicken. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    SGH said:
    Democrate chicken is one of my favorites.  
    All kidding aside, do you know what democrat chicken is? I served them at brisket camp. They are actually real good. 
    I assume it's free chicken? 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Drinking wine and listening (and pretending to be interested in) my wife and MIL discussing **** that happened 25-30 years ago.

I'll throw a butt on in a couple hours for Sunday dinner.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Jelly stone with the kids in N Java NY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Drinking some after eating this.

And there was drinking before and during as well...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker