Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Affordable Brisket

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
Brisket isn't a hot seller in my neck of the woods in SouthEastern VA.  I can only find one shop that sells whole packers and good luck finding them for less than $100.  

SRF, looks great but I'm trying to lower costs not increase them.  

Anybody else have similar problems in their regions?  What did you do?

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• johnnyp
    Options
    @Blassiter have you you had any luck near VA Beach? All I've seen is central meats.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Walmart 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • johnnyp
    Options
    Neither of the walmarts closest to me carry them. Flats only. Will they order them?
  • JT_Thomas
    JT_Thomas Posts: 101
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Brisket isn't a hot seller in my neck of the woods in SouthEastern VA.  I can only find one shop that sells whole packers and good luck finding them for less than $100.  

Costco. Prime brisket packers for $3.79/lb. Can't come close to that kind of deal anywhere imo. For whatever reason, their flats are Choice, but the whole packers are Prime. 
  • johnnyp
    Options
    JT_Thomas said:
    johnnyp said:

Costco. Prime brisket packers for $3.79/lb. Can't come close to that kind of deal anywhere imo. For whatever reason, their flats are Choice, but the whole packers are Prime. 
    That's what's so infuriating.  My Costco doesn't carry them. Flats only.  I even talked to the meat dept manager last time I went in.
  • steventconners20
    Options
    I have the same problem with Costco in my area.  They only carry flats.  I was able to find them at the Business Costco and RD.  I ended up going with the Business Costco becasue they had a better selection.