Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I went caveman!

Options
2»

Comments

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Congrats!!!....I did caveman..its my wifes favorite steak

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Eggingaround
    Options
    @Focker I will definitely have to try caveman pork chops. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • Rascal8
    Rascal8 Posts: 8
    Options
    Great cook. I really want to try this but I have two questions please.   What temp is "really hot" and do you cook with lid open?  Thanks for your help.  
    Large BGE
    Sarasota, FL
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    @Rascal8
    Yes lid open. Temp isn't really the thing to go by. Look at the lump to see that you have fully burning lump over most of the surface of the lump pile.  You want fully burning lump directly below the meat.

I would say that the lump in the picture is ready.

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.