Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the forum format an "issue"?

Nora
Nora Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I asked a couple of questions about how to use this forum on the Club Egg forum. After I posted, I noticed that there is this forum. Sorry about that, but I plead newbie ignorance. So I have read most of the posts on this forum, and I am wondering if there was a big dust-up over forum format. People seem to be asking the same questions as I have, but there have been no replies, only some references to people liking the "old" forum style.

If I offended anyone, I apologize. I have no intention of getting in the middle of an old fight on how the forum is supposed to be. Seen that before at another site, and the result was not good. If the forum format is staying like this, well, that's too bad also. There's a lot of great information here, unfortunately hampered by one of the oddest forum engines I've seen.

Comments

• Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    From what I can tell, biggreenegg.net remains a beta site. Any plans to migrate over must have fallen by the wayside or have been displaced by other priorities.

Quite a shame,r really. Particularly since the original forum is awful by today's web usability standards.

This is a missed marketing opportunity by the mothership. Never know how many customers and potential customers won't make the effort.

There are several choices for forum software which aren't expensive and would be so much better. I hope this project sees the light of day again sometime.
  • FamilyGuy
    FamilyGuy Posts: 14
    Buzz wrote:
    From what I can tell, biggreenegg.net remains a beta site. Any plans to migrate over must have fallen by the wayside or have been displaced by other priorities.

Quite a shame,r really. Particularly since the original forum is awful by today's web usability standards.

This is a missed marketing opportunity by the mothership. Never know how many customers and potential customers won't make the effort.

There are several choices for forum software which aren't expensive and would be so much better. I hope this project sees the light of day again sometime.

Buzz, I couldn't agree more. There is heavy word of mouth advertising for the Egg. Bringing the forum up to 2006 usability standards would do nothing but help sales.