Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: another expensive hobby.

Options
My neighbor bought a boat. My another neighbor bought a camper. My other neighbor bought a motorcycle. None of those interest me more than this puppy. I've been working a lot over the last year so why not treat myself. Right? Besides the kitchen is done and I need to do something else. Never sit still. 

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you can find a way to have fun with that.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Golf is an expensive hobby for sure, but at least you got a pretty cool looking golf cart.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks way cool!  Have fun with that brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is bad@$$.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I have been looking at 4 seater UTVs but nothing that fast. You will have a blast with that thing. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Right on @greg345! That's one of my favorite things to get outdoors and do too. Good times are ahead. Just keep the rubber side down. 

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Right on @greg345! That's one of my favorite things to get outdoors and do too. Good times are ahead. Just keep the rubber side down. 

Grizzly!! Very nice. I've had atv or dirt bike most of my life. I sold my last one 3 years ago and have been missing it since. This is by far the nicest thing I've ever give myself. Sure it goes fast but it's sooooooooo comfortable. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Man that is nice! You will have a blast. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That's way cool. My kids are happy tooling around on the FIL's Mule in low. We'd be dangerous in that thing. 
  • kmcadillac44
    Options
    You will love it!  They are as close to a race car as you can get off of a track!
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Nice!!!! I was looking and pondering for a few times over the last few years. Never pulled the trigger. If and when I ever get some spending money though I think I might upgrade the boat or camper. Really still want a side by side still though. Would come in handy out here. Nice buy! Have fun!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Awesome!  I love side-by-sides.  Way jelly right now.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very cool. Before we had our daughter we had four wheelers. We lived in the swamps of South Carolina low country. It was awesome. Big knobby tires, snorkels, the whole bit. We had a ball. I could definitely do a rzr now....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Congrats, hope it doesn't stay that clean for long.

Gerhard
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Nice ride just don't join any UTV forms they will suck you in. The ford raptor forumz has been my downfall 2017 is going to be an expensive year.
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    What is life without toys....that's a nice one!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Very nice. Those Can-Ams sure are a pretty penny.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Nice ride!
    If you don't have a winch, get one before you go in the mud. If you get that stuck, you WILL need a winch to get it out. SxS's are heavy. I'll stick with my Grizzly for now.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    That looks like it will be a blast!! I have always wanted one but have never pulled the trigger.
  • JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Options
    Nice ride!
    If you don't have a winch, get one before you go in the mud. If you get that stuck, you WILL need a winch to get it out. SxS's are heavy. I'll stick with my Grizzly for now.
    The definition of a 4 wheel drive vehicle is:
    It's simply a vehicle that will get you stuck deeper in the woods than a 2 wheel drive! :o
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    i consider these types of things to be part of my really expensive hobby, fishing =) nice sideby side

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Probably should've waited until next month as Yamaha is supposedly coming out with a new SxS. Rumors are 3 cyl with 100+ hp and paddle shifters. =)
    SE PA
  • Creighton1984
    Options
    Thinking about it.  However when we were growing up my Mom, an ER Nurse in Los Angeles, would always tell us stories about riders coming into the ER.  Some pretty gory stuff.  Scared us from getting bikes while we were younger and still influences us today.

We'll see . . . 

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Probably should've waited until next month as Yamaha is supposedly coming out with a new SxS. Rumors are 3 cyl with 100+ hp and paddle shifters. =)
    That would be interesting. That is some pretty good HP in a stock SxS. But have you seen the ones where guys take a Yamaha SxS and drop a salvaged R1 engine into it? That's 186 hp with the ram air. Some do Hayabusa engines, there's all kinds of crazy stuff out there.

I'm happy with my little Grizzly ATV. Gets me to where I need to go and back.
    A friend's dad used to say, "4x4 just gets you stuck farther from the road."
    And DEFINITELY put a winch on it and carry the right recovery gear to help you get out, or help get others out.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    That would be interesting. That is some pretty good HP in a stock SxS. But have you seen the ones where guys take a Yamaha SxS and drop a salvaged R1 engine into it? That's 186 hp with the ram air. Some do Hayabusa engines, there's all kinds of crazy stuff out there.

I'm happy with my little Grizzly ATV. Gets me to where I need to go and back.
    A friend's dad used to say, "4x4 just gets you stuck farther from the road."
    And DEFINITELY put a winch on it and carry the right recovery gear to help you get out, or help get others out.
    stuck can be an understatement =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Thanks all. The can am XT comes with a 4000lb warn winch. Went out on it tonight and had a blast. Lets just say I wore some of the new off it

• pescadorzih
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Thanks all. The can am XT comes with a 4000lb warn winch. Went out on it tonight and had a blast. Lets just say I wore some of the new off it

I was going to say a 3500# winch at a minimum for that beast.
    Don't worry about the first scratch, you'll get more. Run it like you stole it!
    SE PA