Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to make quick decisions: weather

Options
Hi

Weather is not looking great (very windy and potential rain). I am concerned with fighting temp for a low and slow cook today. I have Beef "Dino" Ribs" marinating in the fridge since last night? Is there any harm in leaving them another day? Covered in mustard, dry rub and wrapped in foil. 

Thanks!

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Nike Baby

Just Do It! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Weather will not effect cook much if at all. I cooked a butt in 4hours of downpour recently. No problems
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    You will get wet, the egg will be fine.  Stick to your plan.  Cook today.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Your egg is not like a weber.  It laughs at wind, rain, and cold and keeps on cooking.

Your vent settings may be a lit different then you are used to, but it will still hold fine.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • eggheadbrown
    Options
    I feel like a just had a pep talk from a coach! I am going ahead and very excited about it.

Any suggestions to keep wind from impacting cook? Last time i tried to maintain low temp in wind, it was jumping around on me. I am facing a lake and wind can be constant.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I'd cook too!

But, I don't think it would hurt the ribs to sit in the fridge another day.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    If you can, turn the egg so the lower vent is not facing directly into the wind, if that is not possible then try to put something in front of the vent to shield it.
  • eggheadbrown
    Options
    If you can, turn the egg so the lower vent is not facing directly into the wind, if that is not possible then try to put something in front of the vent to shield it.

Yes- thank you. I keep it facing away from the lake. I will just have to keep an eye on it. 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Egg or go home! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Do it. Keep your umbrella handy, borrow someones quick set up canopy, wrap yourself in plastic....you can do it!!!  Never give up. Do you cook, drink your whiskey and laugh in the face of Mother Nature as you show her who is truly boss.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    make a foil hat for the daisy and your good to go. i had the lake level up into the lower vent during a low and slow once during a flash flood, there was actually a duck swimming around the egg, no temp problems
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    So how did the cook go?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    make a foil hat for the daisy and your good to go. i had the lake level up into the lower vent during a low and slow once during a flash flood, there was actually a duck swimming around the egg, no temp problems
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Just kidding.

Well not really.   I would love to see a picture of that if you had one.  I guess we would know the punchline:  "The egg was there first". 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.