Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone heard from RTIC yet?

Options
I realize it says late August but was just curious if they have started to reach out to some of the earlier people that reserved one, or anyone for that matter? Thanks.
Birmingham, AL

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nothing yet. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    It's not time yet but, I'm ready when they are! I'm excited to get the ones I reserved.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I'm excited too, I've already picked out some kick a$$ stickers for mine!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    Saw this on FB today! They coming! 
    Brandon, MS
  • loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    And this 
    Brandon, MS
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    I just went to their website, doesn't appear we will be getting them as soon as we thought, check bold.

Customer's with Prior Reservations

Customers that have a reservation dated in July 2015 will be contacted via email within the next 20 days notifying them of their estimated date of shipment and will be asked to return to our website to complete the pre-order deposit process. Pre-orders will be fulfilled based on the order in which they are received. We expect all pre-orders with a July reservation to be shipped within 30-60 days from the date of completing the pre-order deposit.

All other customers can expect to receive their coolers within 60-90 days from the date of completing the pre-order deposit.

Birmingham, AL
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    30-60 days after payment? Are these custom made and built to order or something? That just sounds shady.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    30-60 days after payment? Are these custom made and built to order or something? That just sounds shady.
    They have court costs to pay...lol
    You will have them in time for next summer.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    It's for a deposit, not full payment. I presume this first run is part of a brand build-up so they are only making what is requested. The deposit is to show "you really mean business". 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    stonewh said:
    I realize it says late August but was just curious if they have started to reach out to some of the earlier people that reserved one, or anyone for that matter? Thanks.
    You know that Sam Adams was saying late August for Octoberfest......but I picked up a 12 pack this past weekend. Nothing like exceeding expectations.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The deposit is guaranteeing revenue for the upcoming production run. The preorder helped determine the size of the production run so cost could be calculated. 
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Will it come with a interior basket like the yeti?

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Once they get your $ they can complete the order with their Chinese manufacturer.  The manufacture of the coolers is pretty fast, the shipping is pretty slow.

You can find the manufacturers in China that  make the coolers for some of these companies - you can get a cooler that looks astonishingly similar to one of those coolers named after the abominable snowman for $50 per unit if you order in quantity... 
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    It appears the first shipment went out yesterday 9/30, anyone receive an email?
    Birmingham, AL
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    stonewh said:
    It appears the first shipment went out yesterday 9/30, anyone receive an email?
    saw that on facebook.  nothing here.
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Shipping Update - We are excited to announce we have begun shipping on September 30, 2015.
    View this email in your browser

Shipping Update

We Are Excited To Announce We Have Begun Shipping Coolers

To Our Customers:

We have begun shipping our coolers! Please click here RTIC Coolers Begins Shipping for a video update.

The shipping delay was due to our decision to upgrade the resin and improve the freezer gasket to help ensure we were offering the best product on the market. The improvements were well worth the wait as the response from our initial coolers have been very positive.  

We expect to have all the pre-orders shipped within 60-90 days from your pre-order date. We will be shipping the coolers in the order we received the reservations / pre-orders. All customers holding a pre-order will receive an email notification about a week before their order actually ships notifying them their coolers will be in stock and ready for shipping within the next 7 days. Upon shipment of the order, customers will receive a shipping confirmation which will include UPS tracking numbers.

Once all the pre-orders have shipped, we then expect to have enough coolers in stock to offer immediate shipment in December. The pricing will be the same and we will have free 2-day shipping at that time.

If you’re in the Houston area, we invite everyone to come by and see them and meet us at our Houston fulfillment center located at 20220 Hempstead Road, Suite 22, Houston Texas 77065between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 1-855-527-6993, via email at help@rticcoolers.com or via our Live Chat.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Sincerely,

Jim & John Jacobsen 
    Founders
    RTIC Coolers

Facebook
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Twitter
    Website
    Website
    Copyright © 2015 RTIC Coolers, All rights reserved. 
    You received this email because you placed an order on rticcoolers.com

Our mailing address is: 

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list 

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    So far sounds like they shipped two coolers, one to the cop in the facebook post, and one to photoegg on here.  I paid for my order the day after I recieved the email asking for money, so I would assume I would be towards the top of the shipping list, cant get a definative answere from them though. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    All this work trying to get the cooler sounds like it would have been cheaper to just get the real thing.
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Starting to wonderd.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    It cost half the price and a short! wait
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    "Anyone heard fromRTIC yet?"...... Not YETI.   
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Eggsovereasy
    Options
    Heard from them today.  They have started shipping.  :)

Shipping Update - We are excited to announce we have begun shipping on September 30, 2015.
    View this email in your browser

Shipping Update

We Are Excited To Announce We Have Begun Shipping Coolers

To Our Customers:

We have begun shipping our coolers! Please click here RTIC Coolers Begins Shipping for a video update.

The shipping delay was due to our decision to upgrade the resin and improve the freezer gasket to help ensure we were offering the best product on the market. The improvements were well worth the wait as the response from our initial coolers have been very positive.  

We expect to have all the pre-orders shipped within 60-90 days from your pre-order date. We will be shipping the coolers in the order we received the reservations / pre-orders. All customers holding a pre-order will receive an email notification about a week before their order actually ships notifying them their coolers will be in stock and ready for shipping within the next 7 days. Upon shipment of the order, customers will receive a shipping confirmation which will include UPS tracking numbers.

Once all the pre-orders have shipped, we then expect to have enough coolers in stock to offer immediate shipment in December. The pricing will be the same and we will have free 2-day shipping at that time.

If you’re in the Houston area, we invite everyone to come by and see them and meet us at our Houston fulfillment center located at 20220 Hempstead Road, Suite 22, Houston Texas 77065 between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 1-855-527-6993, via email at help@rticcoolers.com or via our Live Chat.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Sincerely,

Jim & John Jacobsen 
    Founders
    RTIC Coolers

• Thatgrimguy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    nvm
  • Lit
    Options
    It's been months and these people sending emails and wasting their time. I never said Yeti but I will gladly pay double to get what I want now and know it's quality. Just like you paid double for your BGE and didn't buy a vision. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Lit said: It's been months and these people sending emails and wasting their time. I never said Yeti but I will gladly pay double to get what I want now and know it's quality. Just like you paid double for your BGE and didn't buy a vision. 
    Why be such a buzz kill? No comprendo.
    I'm looking forward to receiving a great cooler at a great price. 
    Sure the jury is still out, but someone needs to take the bait. I believe the bait'll hook the big fish.
    Most great products were funded by willing investors. You choose not to invest. That's fine. Purchase the product you thinks is for you.  
    But why scrutinize those who choose to take a different direction? 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Lit
    Options
    I really hope they are good quality and everyone is satisfied. Waiting just isn't for me.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Then don't preorder stuff. It comes with the territory of being an early adopter. I'm guessing you don't get down on crowdfunding much either @Lit ?

Once it's out the waiting will be done. Though i suspect prices will rise within their first year of business.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Though i suspect prices will rise within their first year of business.
    You can take this to the bank^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
    Its simply a matter of time before they skyrocket like all of the others. If you want one, now is the time to strike while they are selling them for a fair price. Once they catch on, RTIC will get the "Yeti head" just like all of the others and prices will rise.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smoke-n
    smoke-n Posts: 32
    Options
    Lit said:
    All this work trying to get the cooler sounds like it would have been cheaper to just get the real thing.
    Lit said:
    It's been months and these people sending emails and wasting their time. I never said Yeti but I will gladly pay double to get what I want now and know it's quality. Just like you paid double for your BGE and didn't buy a vision. 
    Not seeing how you came to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to get the real thing if they are half the price of a yeti.  Just because they sent an email? So that email is not worth saving $175+

you Wouldnt have know yeti was a good product if it weren't for people taking the risk and buying it.  No different here.  If you have that much money to just waste sure I'll take a yeti.    And for the other folks ordering the rtci coolers keep us updated on the quality when you receive them.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    smoke-n said:
     And for the other folks ordering the rtci coolers keep us updated on the quality when you receive them.  
    They are actually thicker than the Yetis. How much will this matter? Not sure, but more insulation is certainly a good thing. I told folks months ago in the original RTIC cooler thread that got buffaloed that these coolers were being built like tanks. From what i have seen, the only rotomolded cooler out there that may be heavier duty than RTIC is Orion. But they come at a very high price. Even higher than Yeti. For the money, RTIC is the current undisputed heavyweight champ.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.