Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    And now eating...
    Now that's livin'!!!!! You suck even more!!!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sitting on the patio listening to the Cubs. Looking for a sweep!! Fingers crossed. Sippin a drink and enjoying a stick to boot. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Washing car.  Damn it hot.
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Last night ... Sitting on the dock of the bay!  Well, not exactly a bay, but maybe close enough for @ksmyrl 's Yooper boss to recognize.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Curbside service. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Washing car.  Damn it hot.
    Why in the world is a porta-shitter by your house? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH my neighbors are getting a kitchen and bath renovation.   Keeps the workers from pooping in the yard.
    Options
    @SGH my neighbors are getting a kitchen and bath renovation.   Keeps the workers from pooping in the yard.
    Yard pooping is always a negative. Really brings down the neighborhood. Sweet wheels!
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @Jeepster47 it's pretty. I bet it's darn cold in January too???
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    @Jeepster47 it's pretty. I bet it's darn cold in January too???
    @ksmyrl ... nope, not darn cold, just cold.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Spent all day refinishing the egg table. Buffalo Trace it is.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • SGH
    Options
    Frying some sweet corn that @Grillmagic sent me. Thanks again brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH - You have my attention, I've never had fried sweet corn. I have some I was planning to cook for dinner tomorrow night, please tell me more, might have to try it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just got home from the game.  Bravos came up short, but that is a great way to go with a big group. 
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    @SGH - You have my attention, I've never had fried sweet corn. I have some I was planning to cook for dinner tomorrow night, please tell me more, might have to try it.
    Melt 1 stick of butter in your pan of choice over medium low heat. You don't want the butter to scorch so maintain medium low throughout the cook as well. Remove the kernels from the Cobb and place in the pan. I recommend only doing 1 or 2 pieces at a time. You do not want to crowd the pot.  You want it all to cook even so keep it small. Stir pretty constantly to ensure even cooking.  Just cook and stir over medium heat until the kernels are soft enough to your liking. This is one of my favorite ways to make corn. Hope that you enjoy it my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW It usually takes 15-20 minutes to cook on medium low. 

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @sgh I love sweet corn about anyway you can cook it, but fried and creamed may be my two favorites.i could eat that pan full with some fried okra and mashed taters.   I think my redneck is showing. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,626
    Options
    That is a great way to prep corn if you're going to add to a soup or stew, especially if you cook till its caramelized a bit.  Also great in quesadilla and tacos this way.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    You won't be sorry!
  • SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    That is a great way to prep corn if you're going to add to a soup or stew, especially if you cook till its caramelized a bit.  Also great in quesadilla and tacos this way.
    I eat it right out of the pan when fried. I don't even bother with getting a plate, I just dig in. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Try it with just one piece to see how you like it. If you don't like it you will still have the rest of your corn to cook another way. However I feel that you will be frying it all once you try it. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Try it with just one piece to see how you like it. If you don't like it you will still have the rest of your corn to cook another way. However I feel that you will be frying it all once you try it. 
    That was my plan. I have 5 ears to cook, will do 1 or 2 like this and either boil or grill the others.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    This thread is getting corny.  I like that.
    Options
    At work making gasoline for all my peeps.  Anybody got a match?  lol
    "One Job at a Time, One Day at a Time" 
    " Stop and smell the Roses " Life is too Short
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Back in the office from a great 10 days on vacation.  Digging myself out of emails and getting caught up on things.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:

I wish it would have arrived sooner Scottie it really is some thing special when fresh.  
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • SGH
    Options
    I wish it would have arrived sooner Scottie it really is some thing special when fresh.  
    Brother it was absolutely fantastic. And thanks again. I really appreciate it. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Most things fried in butter are my favorites.  :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS