Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fishy Fishy in a brook...

ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
I've been hankering for some really good seafood. I finally went to the the Dekalb Farmers Market on Friday. To be completely honest I was disappointed in their beef, but the seafood was awesome. I bought some sea bass (for freakin $19.99 a lb) and some yellow fin tuna. Due to various family things going on I ended up with both the sea bass, the tuna, and a thawed lobster tail all in the fridge at one time. So last night was seafood night as Chateau e' Smyrl. The sea bass was worth every penny, unbelievable. Dusted with Raging River and seared for 5 min a side on the CI skillet. The tuna was out of sight too. Marinated in soy sauce and garlic seared for 2 min a side. The lobster was good, but took a back seat to the fish.

Finally, my son and I took the dinghy to a lake that is rumored to have no fish. It's August and bass fishing is really tough right now. But I finally got a good one in the boat. It weighed nearly 4 lbs on my dinky scale. But he was big enough to make me forget about it being hot and miserable. Forgive the poor cell phone pics.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments