Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning out the freezer

Options
Wolfe
Wolfe Posts: 79
Always buy a couple of turkeys at thanksgiving, time to clean out the freezer, and make room.

soaked 16hrs in a salt, and brown sugar brine, injected with creole butter, rubbed with S&P on the egg at 250.  Making dressing, and rolls, with mashed taters, and gravy. Finished pics to follow.

Have a great Sunday!! 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Standing by....
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Looks good.  Way to think ahead and buy a turkey for the summer.  I really don't know why I only cook turkey once a year. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Great cook- and for the record, my neighbors ( with a chest freezer) found an almost 4 yr old turkey that cooked up ( BGE to the rescue) just fine for Thanksgiving.  I'm convinced that with a good seal (cryovac or equivalent) you are golden and the duration is TBD. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.