Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Birthday Ribeyes

Options
I reverse seared some prime ribeyes from Costco for my Birthday Friday night. Seasoned with Lawrys and cracked pepper cooked indirect for about 30 minutes until 115 IT, then put in the woo with the spider and seared for 1 minute a side then grilled some asparagus and served with red wine. Finished the meal with strawberry cheese cake,

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Happy Birthday JR! I hit 56 back in April myself. Can't remember what I cooked myself but it couldn't have been any better that what you did!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Now that is the way to celebrate a birthday.  Does it get any better?  Congrats.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Happy birthday! Sweet cook. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Really LOVE that third pic!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• CeeGeeW
    CeeGeeW Posts: 113
    Options
    It looks great!  Happy Birthday!
    Los Angeles, CA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous!!!!!! Happy birthday to you indeed. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That fire pic is awesome! 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Happy Birthday buddy. Looks like you gave yourself a great gift. I usually give myself a half dozen or so ribeyes on my birthday as well. Great looking grub and I hope you enjoyed it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Looks great! So much better than a dinner out! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Happy b-day!  Looks like a great meal!