Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Chuckie - Pepper Stout Beef

Options
TTC
TTC Posts: 1,035

I've seen this cook on the forum many times but for some reason I am just now getting to this cook. I can be stubborn.

This was a delicious cook and was stupidly easy. I used the The Wolfe Pit recipe as a guide making a few alterations. I used Greek Pepperocini in place of the jalapenos, and I strained the liquid / veggie mixture when I pulled the beef. That let me chop up the peppers and onions into smaller pieces to mix back in, and it let me control how much liquid to add back to the mixture after pulled. 

http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html?m=1

Pic below is after initial smoke, ready to be covered in foil and take a long bath.

Served as sandwiches on toasted Pepperidge Farm French bread, adding regular and sharp provolone and the pepperocini, then melted in the oven. My whole crew loved it (that does not happen often).

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer

Comments

• txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    I can see why they loved it, looks fantastic!
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Yep, that looks excellent. Nice job on a eat cook and thanks for posting.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • KKorkmaz
    KKorkmaz Posts: 150
    Options
    Just watched the Wolfe Pit video for this recipe, looks delicious!  It's on the list for the near future.  Does the Stout impact the flavor of the liquid?
    Chicago, Illinois
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    That looks awesome !!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    One if my favorite cooks on egg and always a crowd pleaser good work
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Looks good! I've done this before and need to do it again!
    NW IOWA
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Oh ya, on the must make list, nice looking grub!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    TTC said:
    I can be stubborn.

Nothing wrong with that^^^^^^^^^. I'm as stubborn as a mule myself. The grub looks fantastic brother. The pics look great as well. Solid all the way around. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Thank you all for the kind words. This is going to be a regular dish.

KKorkmaz no I did not taste the stout. The dish is really balanced; deep flavor from the beef, sweet from the onions, heat from the peppers, and salty from the Worchestershire. 

Oh, and SWMBO and I just sparred over who got to eat the leftovers for lunch....           

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer