Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You buy an Egg --And a whole other world opens up to you--Who Knew

Sonny3
Sonny3 Posts: 455
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
I live in Central East Coast Florida just across the river from the NASA Space Center, so I thought this might be of interest to the Florida folks.

In today's paper there was a story about a local high end meat market and EGG dealer that is holding Egg classes on a monthly basis and the dinners look good for date nights with the wife.  The next class is "Cuba on the Q".  The menu for the class looks very interesting.

http://www.wassismeatmarket.com/cooking-classes.php

But the better news (at least for me) from the article and may be of more interest to some of you not living in Florida, is the announcement of the meat market's sponsored Egg Fest taking place in April 2016.  The article says that they will be increasing the number of eggs cooking from 60 to 100 for the event.

https://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/

The Sunshine State Egg Fest and the monthly classes may be old news to some of you, but I had never heard of it until today.  Like I said, I am finding that there is a whole other world of things to know about and do since I bought the eggs and found this forum.

Just passing the info along for what it's worth.
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    That does sound good. As a native Floridian now living in Texas I hope to make it to the Sunshine State Eggfest one day. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Wassi's is a great place.  Right around the corner from @NecessaryIndulg and @doceggerton I've been there once and they have great selection of eggcessories and meat
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lantzwr
    lantzwr Posts: 229
    We live on Merritt Island and went to Wassi's first cooking class a few weeks ago.  Had a great time.  Learned a few things.  Also went to this years Sunshine State Eggfest.  What a great time.  That was our first Eggfest, and we plan on going next year too.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP