Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Microwave????

Cooked a Costco pizza few days back on the XL. Had several left over slices. The wife wanted to warm up a slice or two for lunch. Seen her heading to the nuke box....asked her what in the hell was she planning on doing. Lit the Large, put the CI plate setter on it. Set it up like I was going to go low & slow but opened the bottom vent just a touch more. Hit 300*, put the foil wrapped pizza in the Egg for a few minutes....Yahoo....no more soggy nuked left over pizza....

Comments

• bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited August 2015
    I might have to try that the next time i reheat pizza. 

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I do mine in a cast iron pan on the stove unless i am cooking sides
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I use the toaster oven 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Hi54putty said:
    I use the toaster oven 
    +1 on toaster oven. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    WeberWho? said:
    Man I'm lazy.  I just eat it cold for breakfast the next day
    +1

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Hi54putty said:
    I use the toaster oven 
    +1 on toaster oven. 

+2 on toaster oven
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    +1 eat it cold!  Reminds me of ancient college days.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Left over pizza?  What's that?  :lol: 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    This brings me back to living in the dorm. I take leftover pizza and put it in a preheated george foreman grill. The cheese doesn't stick like you would think (pizza hut is my favorite with this trick) You end up with a better pizza than they deliver. I'm sure it would work for egg'd pizza. WE never have had leftovers so I'm not sure, lol.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Cold Pizza and another beer....  Ahh, college.... why must you mock me!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    This works for me: I place cold pizza from the frig on one of those metal pizza pans with holes in it. Then stick it is the cold oven and set it to preheat to 350º. That takes my oven 11 minutes at which time the cold pizza is hot again and certainly not soggy!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    We use the nuke to bring the pie to room temp, maybe 30 seconds for two slices, then a skillet on the range top, warm is all that is required with a wipe of oil to crisp the crust a bit. Put a lid on it, kinda like making a mini oven and in 3 or 4 minutes all is good. Crust is not soggy and the cheese and toppings are warmed thru. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    i never put pizza in the fridge, it sits on the counter overnight and i eat it room temp for breakfast =) in college i used to hide it B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    for a reheat, i heat up the cast iron, put pizza in cheese down, when it starts to sizzle flip it, comes out with a nice crispness
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    i never put pizza in the fridge, it sits on the counter overnight and i eat it room temp for breakfast =) in college i used to hide it B)
    Dare I ask where?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    I'll nuke or throw in a pre-heated oven. It's hard to wait for the oven to get to 400 and bake for 4-5 minutes. Doubt I'd fire up the large for that. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I remember sleeping with my pie during those days of higher learning - not sure if I really was hiding it or putting it under my pillow just seemed like a good idea at the time...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    What is this thing you call 'left over pizza' ?