Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket time...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

Kathy has been asking for some brisket for quite a while, but due to my refusal to pay $6/lb (last price I saw at Sam's Club), it wasn't high on my list of cooks...Sunday I checked the Restaurant Depot ad and saw they have Angus briskets at about $3.50/lb off to RD we went...picked up a 13 pound flat and planned to cook it on Monday since I was working from home...HOWEVER Mother Nature had other ideas as it RAINED all day, so the cook got moved to today (again working from home)...here it is after some light trimming...

Yes, that is only a flat, but a thick flat...got up this morning and got one of the large Eggs going with the BBQ Guru initially set at 275 as I wanted to go a bit high since I wanted it ready for dinner...rubbed with a mixture of DP Raising the Steaks & DP Cowlick with a final coating of ground pepper...

Put it on the Egg just after 8:30am and here ready to take off at 4:30pm...internal temps ranged from 198 to 203 depending on where I put the Thermopen, but the probe went in very easily...

Pulled it, wrapped in foil and a towel then stored until about 6:30pm when Kathy got home and sliced...

Texture was very good, but dried out a bit too quickly for me...taste was delish though...Kathy took a few slices to the next door neighbor along with some of the au jus...still have about half left for enjoying the rest of the week!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments