Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Date night, work dinner, and dessert

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
edited August 2015 in Off Topic
On Monday my folks called and asked if they could "have" the kids for the night? SWMBO and I said sure and I quickly made reservations at one of the top rated restaurants in Athen's GA. We had a wonderful dinner of Trout, Hanger Steak, and fried green tomatoes. Not to mention I discovered my new favorite Gin, Spirit Hound, this stuff was unbelievable. It was a nice night just the two of us which happens not too often, it was also a beautiful night weather-wise. Dessert was the best...more on that later (not what you think).

Last night I had a work dinner with a donor/client who is one of my favorite folks in the world. He treated at a lovely Buckhead, GA establishment where we had King Salmon and Veal chops. The chops were to die for, so much so I ordered some from my butcher this morning to cook on Friday. Sorry no pics of either dinner.

Now to dessert on Monday. One reason I love SWMBO so much is that she is so down to earth and very anti-drama. When the waitress asked if we were ready for dessert she said "let's get our check I have an idea". So we ended up at a famous southern dessert mecca. Many of you will recognize it. I must say, it was the best dessert I've had in a very long time.

Egg on my friends.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    It's unAmerican if you drive by without stopping when the HOT NOW sign is lit up.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Very nice!  Which restaurant in Athens?  I haven't been in years but I was thinking of a weekend getaway sometime this year.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @smokeypitt we went to The Last Resort Grill. But there are literally dozens of great spots in Athens. PM me if you go and I can give you some of our favorites. It's actually a great little (big) foodie town.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    The krispy kreme oreo cake is bomb. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Man when you get them things hot....I don't care how full you are.....you can down a half dozen without coming up for air. Chase it with some whole milk (something I very seldom get) and man you have a smile on your face.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    The krispy kreme oreo cake is bomb. 
    Brother, that sounds incredible^^^^^^^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.