Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza

meturncl
meturncl Posts: 51
pizza on the large. I will never order pizza again.  Used a Wolfgang Puck dough recipe I found online. Simple and easy.  
Geaux Tigers

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @meturncl
    Great looking pizza brother. I wouldn't be ordering pizza either if mine looked like that. Great job :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    I love Eggza! Nothing better, especially on family night, which includes our children's BFFs, boyfriends, girlfriends, our neighbors, their children............
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Looks good. I also love egged pizza, but I love all pizza. I just wish we had more pizza choices here. The best pizza I've ever had was in Seal Beach, CA. The guy sells it by the slice on the Main Street. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • meturncl
    meturncl Posts: 51
    Those look great. How do you make your dough?  Ive been using a Wolfgang Puck recipe.  Wife likes super thin crust and I prefer a regular crust.    
    Geaux Tigers

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Dang nice look pie!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • meturncl said:
    Those look great. How do you make your dough?  Ive been using a Wolfgang Puck recipe.  Wife likes super thin crust and I prefer a regular crust.    
    meturncl,

I have started using Cooks Illustrated recipes.  Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I've ever used from them works and works perfectly.  They have a very mean brisket recipe.

Here are the recipes (below at the end of this post, in the file section) I use for both the Thin Crust and the Deep Dish.  As they say on the food network, "Enjoy."   

By the way (thread drift warning) has anyone ever used an Eppi Pen for a wasp/hornet sting?   I'm 54 and have never been stung, until this morning here in North Carolina.   I got it on the ankle by what I think was either a hornet or a yellow jacket/wasp.   It happened fast and I saw the sucker but I didn't discern whether he had white or yellow stripes.   Regardless after about four hours my leg did blew up and I went to the local hospital out of concern.  They said that it was a localized serious allergy reaction and that while the odds were low that it could have become much more serious.  The doctor said that it is possible that the reaction next time could be much worse and that I should carry an Eppi Pen.  Any experiences would be appreciated.   

Since we all cook outdoors maybe this isn't so off topic for the board.

I was hiking in sandals.  That is why my feet are dirty.  Normally they look like a newborn's feet.

So they did this ... which now, almost five hours later has gotten it back to nearly normal.  By the way, the red on my arm is poison ivy.  I know, I know... I'm a freakin' mess.  But my BGEs work fine.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Gross.

My wife carries an Epipen (crawfish allergy).  They work.  It's really just a really big shot of Epenephrine, so it's pretty generally effective against any allergic reaction.  Recommended.
    NOLA