Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Big thanks to my forum friends

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. In our prayers. 
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I also offer you prayers and hope that you can find strength in God.  He is the only one who can truly help you in times such as this.  I lost my twin brother 2 months ago and so I have an idea about your struggle.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Bump..... Out of respect and sympathy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• rossv1
    rossv1 Posts: 114
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So sorry to hear about this. Lost my dad 11 years ago after a short battle with cancer. It's something I wouldn't wish upon anyone and anytime I hear about someone going through it it always tears me to my core. It's such a hard thing to go through and watch someone you love endure. You, your wife, and entire family are in my thoughts and prayers not just now but in the upcoming times also. Stay strong and remember we're here for you!
    22 in Macon, GA - Large BGE 2015
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Prayers and Blessings to you from our house.  I lost my late wife of 25 years in 2012 after 6 years of dealing with cancer, so I know what you are going through also.  We can only offer so much comfort with our words, but know that they are from the heart.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this. I don't think things can get any worse for you right now. I hope she doesn't have to suffer much longer and I hope hope things go as smoothly for you both as possible. I'll say a prayer for yall. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    My deepest sympathies. May the good Lord bless your family. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I have lost a couple of close friends and a father in law this year. I can't fatham the passing of a spouse. May God give you strength during this difficult time in your life. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Cannot fathom what you are going through... Prayers for your wife, you, and your family
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    @tcampbell I just wanted to reach out to you and your family and tell you I lifted you and your family up in prayer at church this morning, I have to be honest I teared up telling your story. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers here in Texas.
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited August 2015
    Options
    May whatever transpires in the coming hours, days,weeks be as pain free and restful for her as possible. Thoughts to you and your family, God or whatever entity you look to for guidance will be with you. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Prayers of comfort for you and your family.

Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for your entire family. I know you don't know us personally, but I think I can speak for the majority of this forum when I say that any of us are willing to help you in anyway possible. 

Stay strong and remember that we are here for you. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    May God be with all of you in this very sad journey.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words,she passed away yesterday Friday 2nd at about 2 45 pm.Thanks again.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    Thanks everyone for the kind words,she passed away yesterday Friday 2nd at about 2 45 pm.Thanks again.
    I'm truly sorry to hear this. My deepest and heart felt condolences my friend. I wish that I could do more than offer words. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    So sorry!!  Know you, your wife and family are in our thoughts and prayers!  May you find peace my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I hate this for you.  Can't imagine.  So sorry.  If there's anything you need, somebody here will step up. You just ask  
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am so sorry @tcampbell. It certainly sounds like she put up a good fight. I will have you in my prayers. So very sorry. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    My condolences.  I am truly sorry.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Wow man, so sorry for your loss!  My condolences to you and your loved ones!  RIP Mrs. @tcampbell

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    God Bless you and all those you love. Will pray for you.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I have a close family member who is going through the same thing, been going to MD Anderson for almost 2 years. This past week was his last visit as they can no longer do anything for him. It is incredibly tough on the family, I cannot imagine my wife going through this. I pray that God will bring you comfort and peace.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope she died comfortably with loved ones at her side. I hope all is well.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    They're are no words. My deepest sympathies.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    My heart aches for you and your family. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Prayers for you and your family. My heart breaks for you. 

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm real sorry for your loss.  Contact me anytime if you want.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    I hope in the end your wife found some peace, and that you will continue to find friends and comfort in this forum, in whatever small way.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike