Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Sunday

Options
Rebhanmh
Rebhanmh Posts: 79
Couldnt find a packet so settled for a 8.7 pound flat. Started out at 200 and let it settle for an hour before I passed out. Did an Aaron Franklin recipe and it is truly delicious. Did not foil until after I took it off the egg and FTC for 5 hours. Woke up to it being done in a little over 8 hours and the dome temp at 270. I expected the temp to raise in the egg overnight but not that high, oh well.
LBGE
Atoka, TN

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub brother. Nice job. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Dang-that's a home-run right there.  Enjoy the eats-wish I had a brisket cook going.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Highlife
    Options
    Looks great bud. Had the heat rise on mine also, but got the meat off at 207F. It was perfect. I did a full packer. Can't wait to get another one!!!
  • Rebhanmh
    Rebhanmh Posts: 79
    Options
    Nice dude! I got lucky and when I woke up it was at 195 at the thickest point and 203 at the smaller side. So I pulled and wrapped immediately. Can't wait to put a packer on te BGE and get me some solid burnt ends!
    LBGE
    Atoka, TN