Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snowy Range & Steaks on MM

Options
We just got back from visiting our son in Laramie. Well worth the 600 mile round-trip drive. While we were there, he took us on a journey to the Snowy Range in the Medicine Bow Mountains. We took along the MM and had bacon cheeseburgers (no pics) for lunch. When we got back to his place we fired the MM up again for steaks. Steaks were a little over done, but still good eating. Here's a few pics. 

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Wow. Amazing. I was just in Evanston yesterday. It didn't look that awesome.  =)
  • heartmedic
    Options
    Looking Good !!!!!!!
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Wow. Amazing. I was just in Evanston yesterday. It didn't look that awesome.  =)
    I've only been through Evanston a few times. Never off the highway, but I'm sure it has something good to see there or nearby. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Great pics !  Have a fondness for Laramie myself.  Cousin has ranch there and was just there in April for the first time in 55 years.  Here is a pic taken of Snowy Range from there ranch.  Property ends up there somewhere.   Will be making more visits there now that retired.  Awesome.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That landscape just brought my body temp down 30°. Thank you for that :smiley: 
    Great looking meal as always!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    I love where I live, but I could definitely give it up for that! Great pics @stemc33
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Breathtaking Views.... That meal doesn't get much better than that..Fantastic post.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • stemc33
    Options
    Thanks all.
    The sites and food were great, but just hanging out in my son's backyard watching the dogs play and visiting was the best. Usually he comes up and visits more during the summer, but his internship working with extremely rare Wyoming Toads has consumed most of his summer. The toads were listed as extinct in the wild in 1991. Pretty cool looking toads. Here is a pic with a radio transmitter backpack on one of the toads. 

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub brother stem. That scenery is breath taking. That's a cool toad as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    With those pics, I'll forgive the lack of burger pics.  ;)

That toad looks like a commando with the coms gear. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The Toad with GPS tracking will be safe as long as it's not on protected Zimbabwe soil :fearful: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    Options
    The Toad with GPS tracking will be safe as long as it's not on protected Zimbabwe soil :fearful: 
    No kidding. We must also hope all the toad licking dentist stay away. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Breathtaking. Those steaks look excellent to me. Looks and sounds like a great time. 
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    I have made the trip over the Snowy Range twice.  Stunning.  Our anniversary is upcoming this month. Considering the Saratoga Inn.  Absolutely beautiful.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)