Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rubbed Me the Right Way!

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to share what I think is a really great rub. Has anyone else tried the rubs sold under the brand name Lysander's? They make rubs labeled for beef, pork, fish, and chicken. The only one I've tried so far is pork, and boy did they help produce some excellent pork chops.[p]The main ingredients are salt, sugar, black pepper, and garlic powder. It comes in 4 oz. packages that resemble a small brown paper bag. The manufacturer is Geneva Food Products out of Sanford, Florida.[p]If you see it on the shelf somewhere, give it a try hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we do.[p]Jethro

Comments

• Jethro,
    I use the steak seasoning, and it is excellent. Gives the steak a great flavor. I will have to try the others.They used to sell them in plastic containers with a shaker lid. Now I see they use a bag as a container. Either way it is very good rub.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Jethro,
    I have used Lysander’s Lemon Pepper Rub and I like. It is good, however it does have a high salt content. It is easy to over apply. [p]I have not tried the other flavors.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

• Jethro
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Yeah, I would agree, it is a bit salty. Over all though a really good taste and quick compared to marinating.[p]What type of meat did you use the Lemon Pepper rub on?[p]Jethro
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Jethro,
    I have used it on a sirloin steak and I have also mixed it in the meat for hamburgers and meatloaf. It does ad a nice touch when mixed in.[p]Happy Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk

• Jethro
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I am planning to try meatloaf this fall or winter. The idea of using the rub, sounds really interesting. I'll have to try to keep it in mind, thanx.[p]Jethro