Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
Another sad day for wrestling. RIP

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sad day. RIP. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Man, all these deaths are making me feel old.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Man, all these deaths are making me feel old.
    Wait until you get further down the conveyor belt of life! In the past 2 weeks I have lost 3 good friends...trust me, that sucks...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    She was an awesome fighter.  RIP.
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @RRP
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Condolences RRP
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @RRP .
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thoughts your way @RRP
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Damn!!! Saw him do stand up and was able to meet him. Really nice guy. Loved hating him as a kid. RIP. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Rutland Ron Pratt = RRP
    Rowdy Roddy Piper= RRP
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @RRP , sorry about your loses :(

@chubbs to soon, to soon :giggle: 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:.
     In the past 2 weeks I have lost 3 good friends
    Sorry to hear that brother. My sincere condolences. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum." 

Rest in peace Rowdy Roddy. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    He was here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And he was all out of bubblegum.

:(
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dang!  :(
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Growing up in Atlanta, I knew a lot of these guys. Lived next door to some, ran into others at various stores and shops...  Roddy Piper was a good guy as a whole. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I met Rowdy many years back. I was not into wrestling. I had absolutely zero idea who this guy was. He sat next to me on flight back to Heathrow, for him it was an emergency, for me, just business. If I recall correctly, it was his father(?, I think that was it) that was on his last days. This man was hurt, genuine and sincere. It seemed everyone on the plane stopped at his seat, either at loading, or during the flight, the stewardesses would tell him, folks in coach, wanted to speak with him, to give him their condolences. He was gracious enough to do everything he could to please the fans of wrestling, not just Rowdy.
    He was beat and tired upon arrival. Weary from anguish and exhausted from trip over the Atlantic. Yet he remained humble and gracious to the fans.
    Cool flight for me. Brutal as hell for him. 
    Good guy.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky