Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Dealers....

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
How are the dealer levels  determined? Is it based on their volume of sales? Inventory standards? Some other criteria? Example....Authorized gold dealer.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Inventory standards. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Inventory standards. 
    Finding one that's not a gold digging douche bag. Now that's the hard part. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescott
    Jeremiah said:
    Inventory standards. 
    Man. Rough experience?
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Several. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Jeremiah said:
    That's easy.  @Jeremiah, meet @pgprescott.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I didn't realize you had trouble @Jeremiah

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Jeremiah said:
    Inventory standards. 
    I tried to treat you fair!  I can't help it if you have unreasonable expectations.

Junior crashed his Beemer and he needed another.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945

Inventory standards. 
    To get Gold now, do you need an XXL on display too
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    If that is all you need is a XxXL....then I'm GOLD baby!
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • pgprescott

Inventory standards. 
    To get Gold now, do you need an XXL on display too
    No. 
  • pgprescott

If that is all you need is a XxXL....then I'm GOLD baby!
    Your double gold Larry!
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    I don't understand how they determine levels either. It certainly isn't based on floor space or customer service. There are several Gold dealers near me that are just Pinch-A-Penny pool stores with a small corner that have an egg on display and a few accessories. If you want an egg, it has to be ordered and the people working there have no idea about the product - they look everything up on the BGE website or in their price book. Not what I expect from a Gold dealer. A few others are BBQ/backyard stores that are Gold dealers and don't know much about eggs other than the fact that they are on the sales floor and have a price tag on them. They try to push you to other products instead (look at this nice SS gasser that doesn't need a table.....only $3K).

Go to all of the dealers in your area and find one that is friendly and knowledgeable. The dealer I settled on is a small independent shop and the guys there know everything. They stock every accessory and have eggs in stock ready to go. That's what I expect from a Gold dealer. And to boot, they were the cheapest! 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Inventory standards. 
    While I don't doubt you, I wonder how that is possible given what I have seen? See my post above about some local Gold dealers.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Do you think there might be a high correlation between dealers who are eggheads and good service/support?

Chrysler has a five star dealership designation.  Not sure what the total criteria is, but one component is customer feedback ... irritate too many customers and away goes the five star rating.  I've found five star dealerships provide good customer-oriented support.  Maybe BGE should consider customer feedback as a large component of the process to be certified as a gold dealer.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I bought my eggs from my local dealer that happens to be a hardware store. They do push the eggs and they cook on them a lot. People will go there on Saturday mornings to buy something hardware related and smell a butt smoking on the egg, and they become interested. 

That is what happened to me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Can't say enough about one dealer in Miami - Home Gas Corp. I was trying to find the best and least expensive way to get an XL to St. Croix (my fifth BGE since '75).  After calling several southern FL dealers, someone on the forum recommended these people.  Melanie Mazotti went several steps beyond good customer service.  Price was at least $100 below others, she took care of ALL details AND hand delivered everything to my freight forwarder prepped, packaged and palletized for shipment via ocean carrier.  Needless to say, my egg arrived safe and sound, is on my patio and only needs me to build out its nest (outdoor kitchen) - my next project.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• pgprescott
    Inventory standards. 
    While I don't doubt you, I wonder how that is possible given what I have seen? See my post above about some local Gold dealers.
    As a dealer that carries all the accessories and eggs as well as a huge variety of aftermarket products, we are frustrated by this as well. The reps give into pressure from the so called dealers. It really cheapens the title. We complain all the time about this activity. It damages the brand and in turn hurts us and BGE. I'm with you, the higher the standards the better. 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    I have said it before if you have never been to @pgprescott shop you would see what a GOLD store really is! That is where I got my neon BGE clock. How many dealers have you seen that carry them in stock?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    I have said it before if you have never been to @pgprescott shop you would see what a GOLD store really is! That is where I got my neon BGE clock. How many dealers have you seen that carry them in stock?
    Love to see a shot of your clock
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • To anyone in northern VA I've bought two eggs from The Organic Butcher in McLean. They are great. Will price match other dealers, and they always have eggs fired up out front. 
  • northGAcock
    Inventory standards. 

As a dealer that carries all the accessories and eggs as well as a huge variety of aftermarket products, we are frustrated by this as well. The reps give into pressure from the so called dealers. It really cheapens the title. We complain all the time about this activity. It damages the brand and in turn hurts us and BGE. I'm with you, the higher the standards the better. 
    Where bouts is your store?

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Inventory standards. 

It's based off of the initial package and then how much inventory they keep in stock.

The distributor's rep is supposed to police all the dealers--making sure they have enough on the floor to keep that status.  Problem is, with a BGE dealer on every corner in the big cities and scattered every else, it would take a whole army of these guys to keep it current.

• pgprescott
    Inventory standards. 

Where bouts is your store?
    Jim Prescotts BBQ shop in Sterling, IL
  • northGAcock
    How far from Chicago? Headed there later this month.

• pgprescott
    How far from Chicago? Headed there later this month.
    100 miles due west of downtown. Right off I 88.