Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornbread

Options
Tonight I made cornbread in the cast iron skillet. I was concerned that the bottom would burn but it came out beautiful. It was a nice sweet cornbread with corn kernels.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Awesome cook. Southern pone is one of my very favorites. Southern is unsweetened, we save the sugar for our tea. Again, great cook. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    My Lord that looks tremendous. Now I'm hungry again.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Doc's_Spouse
    Options
    S.Newcomb, I used Aunt Jemima's buttermilk corn meal mix. The cornbread I made was sweet, if you want regular, follow the recipe on the back. I used that recipe plus added 8oz. of canned corn, 1/3 heaping cup of sugar, and an extra 2-3 tablespoons of cornbread mix. I used peanut oil to grease the cast iron skillet and cooked it on the large green egg for 30 minutes at 425.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks awesome- nice work!  I have a feeling Doc is never getting his eggs back. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Doc's_Spouse
    Options
    He'll get them back after he buys me an XL too.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    You'll win over a lot of hearts on this forum with some cornbread. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Can't beat CI pan cornbread on the egg. Nice work! :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL