Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cecil's dead, man. Cecil is dead.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    henapple said:
    People are more upset over a dead lion than Planned Parenthood selling body parts.... Smh
    Uncle Apple, I'm wanting to add something to this so bad that's it's killing me. However I have been asked to tone down my conservative views and cooks on the big units on the forum. As such, I will just say that you are my favorite Uncle. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited July 2015
    I think they should have a reenactment of Surviving the Game, but with lions instead of Gary Busey 

and you really cant compare PP to poaching endangered species for sport.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    No excuse!!  Illegal, unethical, unthinkable actions.  There needs to be some justice.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    bgebrent said:
    No excuse!!  Illegal, unethical, unthinkable actions.  There needs to be some justice.
    I say we send him to a local zoo and put him in the Lion cage 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited July 2015
    I googled Cecil the Lion at looked and dozens of pictures of him. I don't see any type of collar on him. I'm not taking the hunter's side here but this collar doesn't appear to be as easy to spot as the media is making it out to be. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    McStew said:
    bgebrent said:
    I say we send him to a local zoo and put him in the Lion cage 
    ...after shooting an arrow into his ass.
    edited July 2015
    I googled Cecil the Lion at looked and dozens of pictures of him. I don't see any type of collar on him. I'm not taking the hunter's side here but this collar doesn't appear to be as easy to spot as the media is making it out to be. 
    Where did you read it was visible?  I didn't read that. They have giant manes.
    Where did you read it was visible?  I didn't read that. They have giant manes.
    I just saw it watching TV and that's what warranted my google search. 
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2015
    Well I just read half a dozen articles and they all said they discovered the collar after he was dead (and presumably before they cut off his head).  You must not be watching real news. Fox, right?  You know that is an editorial channel.
    I very rarely comment on any thread not related to BGE cooking-an exception here.  If anything good comes of this then it is the high profile web site that may get help going forward:  http://www.wildcru.org  Can't unwind history (as much as we love revisionist writings and speeches) so make the best of a sorry sequence of events.  Many were culpable.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    White hunter black heart. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    Well I just read half a dozen articles and they all said they discovered the collar after he was dead (and presumably before they cut off his head).  You must not be watching real news. Fox, right?  You know that is an editorial channel.
    Appreciate the stereotype @nolaegghead

It was on my ABC local news station and I heard it again on Entertainment Tonight that came on right after while I was reading the forum. Haven't watched Fox in years. The henfest is annoying. 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 2015
    It was reported by the pundits that the collar was discovered after the fact and then smashed like Hillary's server. The pundits kept saying how large the collar was and that basically any idiot could see it. Of course I added the Hillary server comment just to fan the fire. 
  • nolaegghead
    @DoubleEgger HAHAH I'm sorry man.  I just assumed you watched them because of how informed you are of current events.  All fun and games, right?
    Absolutely @nolaegghead I read a lot of news on the net but you have to make a lap around all of the media sources to get a full picture of what's really going on. Everybody has an agenda these days and it's sad. 
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    henapple said:
    People are more upset over a dead lion than Planned Parenthood selling body parts.... Smh
    Not you, apparently.  
    Or me, either!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • DoubleEgger
    @DoubleEgger HAHAH I'm sorry man.  I just assumed you watched them because of how informed you are of current events.  All fun and games, right?
    So you assumed I was conservative because I am informed. That is the best compliment I'll ever get from you! 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited July 2015
    SGH said:
    henapple said:
    Uncle Apple, I'm wanting to add something to this so bad that's it's killing me. However I have been asked to tone down my conservative views and cooks on the big units on the forum. As such, I will just say that you are my favorite Uncle. 
    @SGHWhy hold back?   It's ok to have a different point of view then most people. I've been called an uneducated hate monger simply because I'm a conservative, bible  believing evangelical, who teaches  Sunday school and children's church.  At the end of the day this country gives you he freedom to have open debate and discussion on all topics. 

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    I bet the dentist has Fox News playing in his waiting room.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Probably MSNBC. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Probably MSNBC. 
    I dunno, I think the psychotic dentist reminds me more of "Ted Nugent" than "Keith Olbermann". 
    I shoot coyotes and I don't eat them. They are a pain in the ash. That being said I'd never shoot a lion
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    That twitter account posted is an Epic Troll account setup yesterday.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    You said "EPIC"
  • nolaegghead
    Beautifully done.
    grege345 said:
    I shoot coyotes and I don't eat them. They are a pain in the ash. That being said I'd never shoot a lion
    In AZ you used to bring the tails in for a $5 bounty.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    ryantt said:
    I'm a conservative, bible  believing evangelical, who teaches  Sunday school and children's church.  
    For the above brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.