Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just booked a bucket list vacation. Whoop Whoop!!
    Let the planning, anticipation and excitement begin!!!  Going somewhere cool?  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Legume at least I don't put it on my car. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just booked a bucket list vacation. Whoop Whoop!!
    Let the planning, anticipation and excitement begin!!!  Going somewhere cool?  
    @Sea2SkiHeaded to Norway to check out the fjords and do some hiking. I'm super pumped. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @DoubleEgger sounds fantastic, and that is on our list as well.  We have been renting boats reciently and living on them for vacations.  Last year were the San juan islands in the Pacific Northwest. We saw the resident orcas and my wife fell in love with them. After that trip and a bit of research, she added the fjords in Norway to the short list. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Counting down the hours.  Leaving for Florida first thing Friday morning.  All these beach shots aren't helping my cause.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Carmel yesterday.

• GATraveller
    Options
    Bad thing is I've been placed in charge of cooking a beef tenderloin on this:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

I had to do this last Christmas at my parent's house, only the grill was sketchier.  I cut into thirds so that I could manage the hot spots more easily, I did a forward sear, it worked out well.  I posted it in December if you're interested, not sure there's much to learn there though.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I had to cook burgers on this

Options
    Legume said:

I had to do this last Christmas at my parent's house, only the grill was sketchier.  I cut into thirds so that I could manage the hot spots more easily, I did a forward sear, it worked out well.  I posted it in December if you're interested, not sure there's much to learn there though.
    Figured on cutting it in half and every bit of advice is a help and welcomed. Thanks. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    I had to cook burgers on this

About as nice as this ..

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Legume -  went back and read the thread. Thanks. Reinforced the direction I was leaning.....and I have my thermapen as my safety net. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Damnit, now I want a smoke...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    What is squeeze click change? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    What is squeeze click change? 
    Flavorizer
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Lame a$$ marketing effort to keep me hooked. One of these days....
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Took the front wheel off Pig, to get a new front tire put on.  Kinda scary balancing her on the centerstand and a single auto stand (the rear tire isn't touching here) but not so bad doing it yourself.  
    Eventually I want to change my own tires but until I'm off blood thinners end of Sept, I'm not gonna risk it (taking the wheel off was thrilling enough).

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Lame a$$ marketing effort to keep me hooked. One of these days....

Check out vapeing. I smoked 2 packs a day for 25 years. Been off the cigs since April.  You can do it if you want to. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Botch - love the bike.  I've been kinda keeping an eye open for an 2004 F1150GS.  I just like the styling that year.

Options
    @Botch - love the bike.  I've been kinda keeping an eye open for an 2004 F1150GS.  I just like the styling that year.

And that year had a lot less fiddly things to go wrong.  Good luck in your search!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got the island panels all done
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I know you'll be glad when that kitchen is done @Lit
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Hoping the Twins can hold the lead.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just upgraded to Windows 10.

Haven't done much but open the forum in Microsoft Edge. Gotta say, Edge is faster than Chrome so far.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeLife
    SmokeLife Posts: 64
    Options
    Watching the Cardinals play horrible defense...
    Large BGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SmokeLife said:
    Its been an off night for sure.  Just a mess all around.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SmokeLife said:
    Its been an off night for sure.  Just a mess all around.
    Wow!  Intense and we didn't deserve to win, but I'll take it!!