Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Bacon & Eggs

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    I agree about the rub about to go get some. Hate to say it but the eggs look good Craig.
    I think Craig and The Situation might bro hug it out after all. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    I agree about the rub about to go get some. Hate to say it but the eggs look good Craig.
    You just gained a lot of respect from me. I know it doesn't matter. Just had to say it. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Lit said:
    I think Craig and The Situation might bro hug it out after all. 
    I love happy endings. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • ChucktownEggHead
    Options
    These look incredible, well done! I'm also impressed with the logo on the cutting board. How'd you do that?! 
    LBGE- Charleston, SC 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Awesome idea. I'll be doing these soon. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    If you smoke after boiling and roll the eggs to crack the shells before the smoke, you get visually interesting patterns like this:

I've seen multiple people do this over the past few years, especially around holidays when deviled eggs are typically served.

Chinese Tea eggs, but with smoke; brilliant!  :applause:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Chinese Tea eggs, but with smoke; brilliant! 
    That's what I thought of when I saw those except smoking seems easier. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL has tried the Bacon. What were your thoughts, Blake?
    It's a subtle yet distinct bacon profile that compliments everything that I've used it on thus far. I've tried it on the following: smashed beef burger sliders, pulled beef sliders, potato chips, cupcake chicken thighs, ABTs, stuffed baby bellas, straight up candied bacon and even vanilla ice cream (why not right). It's a legit product and Matt is good peeps. The funny part is I'm a coarse kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper guy at heart. I believe the product should taste as nature intended it to....not like what you place onto it. That said when I use any rub I dust it I don't dump it. It's a personal thing I know but, if I use a rub or sauce I want it to compliment not overpower. This rub does it nicely. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Oh and @BigGreenCraig you made this simple deviled egg look 5 :star:  Eggcellent!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    If you smoke after boiling and roll the eggs to crack the shells before the smoke, you get visually interesting patterns like this:

I've seen multiple people do this over the past few years, especially around holidays when deviled eggs are typically served.

Brother, I always give credit where credit  is due. With that said, that is awesome. And to be a little honest, I didn't know that trick. Thanks for sharing. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @BigGreenCraig
    As always, fine job my friend. I hate eggs but you made those look good. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Eggcelsior that shot of the egg is bad ass!  Never seen that done before. That would be totally cool at a demo or Fest. Thanks for sharing man. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig , don't forget about Caribeque.  :)  I need to try the others you mentioned as well, but Caribeque's have been my absolute favorite as of recently.  Low sodium, low sugar and "islandy."  :) Again, not an employee, but definitely a fan.  ;)

www.caribeque.com

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Great post.  I'm a deviled egg fan too.  @Hawg Fan 

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    These look incredible, well done! I'm also impressed with the logo on the cutting board. How'd you do that?! 
    I used a company out of Texas. User this email and ask for Traci.
    tcthomas04@gmail.com
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    SGH said:
    @BigGreenCraig
    As always, fine job my friend. I h
    ate eggs but you made those look good. 
    @sgh :o
  • PorkU
    PorkU Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the love @Big_Green_Craig I appreciate the mention. Those pics look great btw...
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

TWITTER.COM/PORKUNIVERSITY

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    So you are telling me that I can "hard boil" eggs on the big green egg?!?!?! Holly crap!
    More like hard smoked!
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Nice Job  Craig!

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • ChucktownEggHead
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig about what temp were you at? 
    LBGE- Charleston, SC 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig about what temp were you at? 
    300F dome temp with hickory. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lit said:
    You just gained a lot of respect from me. I know it doesn't matter. Just had to say it. 
    Hey, "The Situation" has a heart...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lit said:
    Hey, "The Situation" has a heart...

The Lituation!  :lol: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am blonde hair blue eyes not sure how I look like an Italian. The liituation is pretty funny though.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,093
    Options
    Not positive @Lit but this is how I picture @cazzy now ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MrWigan
    MrWigan Posts: 104
    Options

Egg'd EGGS! 

WOW

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

• corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options
    Can you taste to smoke it the eggs? What temp you smoke at?

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Lit said:
    I am blonde hair blue eyes not sure how I look like an Italian. The liituation is pretty funny though.
    The Lituation is perfect. Like the Sitch, there's always some drama, some good times, and everybody wonders how the hell you end up with a hot woman. You definitely married up Lit. That's the best looking blind girl I've seen in a while.  =)
    And then there's the pic.... You were definitely pulling the GTL that day. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Not positive @Lit but this is how I picture @cazzy now ....

Hmmmm...I'm Mexican.  :pensive: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....