Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS AR pricing and question

Options
Looking to pull the trigger on the R&B combo and see the price jumped to $180 since I first looked at it a few weeks ago. That makes it the same price as ordering components individually. Are they no longer discounting packages? 

And lastly, do they offer discounts at events they attend? I think they may be at an Eggfest that I'm thinking of attending...

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I suggest calling Tom @tjv and walking through your needs. He will set you up
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I suggest calling Tom @tjv and walking through your needs. He will set you up
    +1
    He never once tried to over sell me. I felt his main goal was to make me happy not pad his pockets. Great guy to deal with and quality product. I love my setup.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    He didn't try to oversell me either, and I ended up with all kinds of stuff.  I love it!
    NOLA
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    That man knows his products better than most people know their products, I feel. I love that store, and won't hesitate to by ANY of their products or if I have any questions to call them. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Looks like you do need to call Tom and direct your questions to him.  The package discount does seem to have disappeared ... but, the combo comes with free shipping, so not all is lost.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• TMCCGator
    TMCCGator Posts: 27
    Options
    Let me know what you find as I am also interested in that combo and noticed that the discount is no longer available.  Thanks
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    thanks to all for helping out.  the great comments are much appreciated.  

We've listened to your feedback and are gradually making changes to the website(s) - hopefully for the better.  It's a lot of information to rework and will take some time.  

As mentioned, feel free to call us if you need help or have questions. 

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    Options
    @Tom
    Is the discount for a combo coming back?

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pridnjoy said:
    @Tom
    Is the discount for a combo coming back?

That's @tjv
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It appears that the AR/Woo2 combo for the XL is gone based on what I found on their webpage.   I hope it comes back.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    All the AR terminology and weird names throw me off so I never end up buying one.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Please answer his question. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I like the shipping discount better as it applies to supplemental purchases after the initial AR purchase. Otherwise, once you've purchased the AR, there are no more discounts to be had and shipping was pretty expensive. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    tjv said:

The discount program, as it was, won't be coming back.  Every so often, we will offer a "conventional" item sale but nothing planned in the near term.   

Due to the growth in ceramic grills, we are getting more and more requests for custom combos.  Most who requested a custom combo saw the discounts as unfair because they could not participate.  It takes hours of work to generate a combo.  And, the line between a real combo and just asking for a discount became blurred.  Dropping the combo discounts brings consistency and fairness to our products.     

We softened the combo increase by providing discounted or free shipping.  Almost all combos ship free now.   Having this revamped shipping program will streamline the process for everyone.    

We are a small company.  The six people who work here do their best to make products worthy of your business.  We strive to treat everyone with fairness, honesty and respect.  And we do our best to available via phone, email or at the retail store.   

t  

A business owner's plan that is well said and crafted...your business will flourish with this kind of attitude towards customers

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    tjv said:

The discount program, as it was, won't be coming back.  Every so often, we will offer a "conventional" item sale but nothing planned in the near term.   

Due to the growth in ceramic grills, we are getting more and more requests for custom combos.  Most who requested a custom combo saw the discounts as unfair because they could not participate.  It takes hours of work to generate a combo.  And, the line between a real combo and just asking for a discount became blurred.  Dropping the combo discounts brings consistency and fairness to our products.     

We softened the combo increase by providing discounted or free shipping.  Almost all combos ship free now.   Having this revamped shipping program will streamline the process for everyone.    

We are a small company.  The six people who work here do their best to make products worthy of your business.  We strive to treat everyone with fairness, honesty and respect.  And we do our best to available via phone, email or at the retail store.   

t  
    That seems fair.  I see it is still cheaper to buy the XL Woo2/AR combo then separate and now that shipping is included that makes it easier to new what to pay.  I am hopping to get this combo some day from you guys.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    @tjv another reason I will buy from you for life. You don't get that kind of treatment and well thought out business plan very much anymore. And I love supporting Texas businesses.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options

I have found no other Eggcessory store with better products or better customer service.  As I told my wife recently, it is the Tiffany's of BBQ without the price point.  So glad I am 30 minutes away!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Toxarch
    Options
    I need to just drive up to Denton one day and see these in person.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Ask Tom about the lump in the red bag while you are there...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Toxarch
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Toxarch said:
    Ask Tom about the lump in the red bag while you are there...
    I'm aware that they're the only Rockwood dealer in the state. Another reason to go there.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I already own just about everything for the LBGE.  Got the RB combo to start, with discount, and picked it up when I came through Denton one day. Purchased multiple add-on toys since that day but paid shipping for all of that.  It's all good stuff.

Tom, thanks for answering his question straight up.   
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I have yet to pull the trigger as I can't figure out what I want. I have had 2 phone calls to Tom and absolutely love the way they do things.  He's not trying to sell me anything but wants to know how to best get me setup (gave me 2 options and said call back if needed). It's clear that I will be making the purchase from Tom it's just trying to figure it all out. His level of  transparency is refreshingly different then the norm today. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• rmercier
    rmercier Posts: 212
    edited July 2015
    Options
    To those using the AR...do you use the 13x17 ceramic stone (assuming you are cooking on a LBGE) as a heat deflector or do you use a full round stone? Just curious as it seems to me (as one that doesn't even have his egg yet) that it does not adequately deflect enough direct heat. I saw a youtube vid where they used a full round stone higher up.

Thoughts please as I am planning on getting the AR combo and want to make sure I am getting the right setup...thanks. 
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I use the round stone on the spider (low) and it works fine.  If I'm doing ribs or brisket or something that hangs over the edge, I just use foil to deflect heat below the edges.
    NOLA
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    rmercier said:
    To those using the AR...do you use the 13x17 ceramic stone (assuming you are cooking on a LBGE) as a heat deflector or do you use a full round stone? Just curious as it seems to me (as one that doesn't even have his egg yet) that it does not adequately deflect enough direct heat. I saw a youtube vid where they used a full round stone higher up.

Thoughts please as I am planning on getting the AR combo and want to make sure I am getting the right setup...thanks. 
    @rmercier ... the advantage of the 13 x 17 stone is that it protects the ends of ribs and brisket cuts without having to resort to extra aluminum foil.  One of the sales features is that you can add smoke wood during the cook with the AR ... a round stone down on the spider  or up on the felt line level cancels that feature.  For indirect cooks with the AR, even though I have other options, the oval stone is all I use.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max