Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to re-heat

I am doing 3 butts and a brisket for my sons baseball party Friday at 5:30PM.  I am doing the Butts on Thursday and the Brisket Friday.  Should I pull the butts and keep in the fridge to re-heat in the oven or leave them whole and cut them before I re-heat them?  Any other options? Thx!

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I would pull it and pack it, along with juices, into vacume seal bags that would fit into a very large pot.  Seal the bags with your vacume sealer and refrigerate.  Just before your party, place the bags in a large pot of water and bring the temp up gradually. Do not boil!  Open the bags as you need them to serve your guests.  If you have any left, you can just place them in the freezer. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Fake_Chow
    Fake_Chow Posts: 37
    interesting, the party is at a park away from my house, can I heat them that way and then put them in a pan to serve?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Agree pull while hot. Can you reheat and put in a pre warmed cooler for the trip to the venue?  Fill cooler with hot water for a while, dump and load with food. Ideally, put some warm towels in the gap. 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Fake_Chow said:
    interesting, the party is at a park away from my house, can I heat them that way and then put them in a pan to serve?
    In that case, use a pre-heated cooler as suggested above to keep it hot. Serve when you get there. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Fake_Chow
    Fake_Chow Posts: 37
    cool, I will give that a shot...it is a short drive, so I should be good to go...thx!