Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: show yourself (post a picture!)

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I feel out of place....This is definitely a man's world.  I don't fish.  I don't hunt.  I prefer to cook and shop.  :)

It may be, but since it is a "man's world", I bet a pic of you shopping gets more likes than another dude with a fish.  (nothing against all the fishing pics)
    Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I feel out of place....This is definitely a man's world.  I don't fish.  I don't hunt.  I prefer to cook and shop.  :)
    You fit in just fine here. Cooking and spending money are some of my favorite things to do. I don't have the patience for fishing or hunting, but I do like to shoot.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    No need to feel out of place ma'am. Most of us here love to cook. For a couple of us, eating is one of our very favorite things in life to do. As to the hunting and fishing, we do it to have something to cook and eat. Kind of a vicious circle that leads back to cooking. Relax and enjoy yourself on the forum. You are amongst friends sister. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Well, as I see it.... Shopping is hunting. Instead of harvesting the target, you go to Target to harvest, or any other hunting ground. Instead of fishing poles, bows, and rifles, you use Franklins.
    My hunting these days is for peaks to summit, excellent vintages in wines, great images to capture with photography, jewelry for MBW, and, of course the protein for the next cook. It is all good. Just have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good idea on bumping this thread @GATraveller.

Pic with my son.

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    SGH said:
    @fishlessman
    Hey brother, you don't look fish less to me.

i think that was posted 5 years ago, you could update that pic now with a new lowrance touch screen fish finder and replace the stainless cup with a 30 ounce yeti. even the hat is the same
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @fishlessman - which Lowrance do you have?  HDS-something....

I got a great deal on a 7" Lowrance HDI from Cabelas.  Not touch screen though.
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @fishlessman - which Lowrance do you have?  HDS-something....

I got a great deal on a 7" Lowrance HDI from Cabelas.  Not touch screen though.
    hds gen 2 touch, same 7 inch screen. for an open boat you want the buttons like you have, the touch screen works better with a dry overhead roof though same functions. still need to update the nav chip, whats in it for contours isnt even close.

i added the structure scan bundle as well, doesnt work everywhere but in someplaces it stands out, see the rocks in the right pic that dont show up in the left, my down riggers would have gotten hung up there. in the rocks theres a pile of mature smelt, above is yoy smelt or recently hatched smelt, theres salmon feeding on the line between the two but not in the pic. need to try it in salt, betting the big salad seaweed shows up well in that screen,
    fukahwee maine

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Who would have thought so many were into fishing here?  Not me!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Me and the boy (Maximus)

Teenager is our foreign exchange student.

Wife being a badass building our house.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @fletcherfam, is the middle picture the building spot for the house? Beautiful view. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    nola, one last try on that pic =)

fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    @Lit you did really good! 
    I know right... From the Prince sunglasses to the Mike "The Situation" look... Did pretty good.  
    Lit is officially nicknamed The Situation moving forward. Bravo @tarheelmatt
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Finally a photo of me in my favorite apron....
    I believe @Trixie_Belle wins the internet for today.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @chubbs you look nothing like your profile pic :confused: 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    @chubbs you look nothing like your profile pic :confused: 
    I wish I was Carl Weathers
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Wife and grandkids
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    Tan suit, we are at the Derby, we do not normally dress like weirdos.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    JethroVA said:

Jethro just off my younger brother's boat

Good looking stripers

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Dredger said:
    In my natural habitat, making guacamole.

Guac rules!  Any special recipes? Or if you told me, would you have to kill me?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Or if you told me, would you have to kill me?
    You're safe, lol @YukonRon happy to share. We love guacamole in this house. I'll be making a batch this week for burritos.

Guacamole

Servings: 6

Ingredients
    3 large Haas avocados, halved and pulp scooped out
    5 green onions finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    2 dashes Tabasco sauce
    2 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Procedure
    1. Score the avocado around the outside, length wise, then twist to separate the 2 halves. Remove the pit and scoop the pulp into a 2 quart bowl.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.

3. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Tips
    This is great as a dip or it can be used as an ingredient in other dishes, like burritos.

You can substitute lime juice for the lemon juice if you want.

Some guacamole recipes call for adding one diced tomato, but I find that it waters down the flavor a little.

Use a  potato masher to get a really creamy consistency.

Mix the guacamole together at least 3 hours before serving so the flavors have enough time to meld.

Cooking Times
    Preparation Time: 15 minutes
    Total Time: 15 minutes

Nutrition Facts
    Nutrition (per serving): 174 calories, 127 calories from fat, 15.1g total fat, 1.3mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 500.1mg potassium, 11.3g carbohydrates, 6.3g fiber, 1.4g sugar, 2.1g protein, 23.1 points.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Or if you told me, would you have to kill me?
    You're safe, lol @YukonRon happy to share. We love guacamole in this house. I'll be making a batch this week for burritos.

Guacamole

Servings: 6

Ingredients
    3 large Haas avocados, halved and pulp scooped out
    5 green onions finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    2 dashes Tabasco sauce
    2 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Procedure
    1. Score the avocado around the outside, length wise, then twist to separate the 2 halves. Remove the pit and scoop the pulp into a 2 quart bowl.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.

3. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Tips
    This is great as a dip or it can be used as an ingredient in other dishes, like burritos.

You can substitute lime juice for the lemon juice if you want.

Some guacamole recipes call for adding one diced tomato, but I find that it waters down the flavor a little.

Use a  potato masher to get a really creamy consistency.

Mix the guacamole together at least 3 hours before serving so the flavors have enough time to meld.

Cooking Times
    Preparation Time: 15 minutes
    Total Time: 15 minutes

Nutrition Facts
    Nutrition (per serving): 174 calories, 127 calories from fat, 15.1g total fat, 1.3mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 500.1mg potassium, 11.3g carbohydrates, 6.3g fiber, 1.4g sugar, 2.1g protein, 23.1 points.
    Thank you so much. I love guacamole, and have tried on numerous occasions to prepare, but it is not bad, but not great either. I like the green onions, surprised I have never used them. Agree about the tomatoes. I love them, and I have tried all varieties, but it does weaken the mix when added.
    i appreciate your sharing. Egg on my friend!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Dredger

no cilantro?  gotta have cilantro!

Phoenix 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You're very welcome @YukonRon we love tomatoes too, just not in the guacamole. I think you will like the green onions. They give it a nice zip.

blasting said: no cilantro?  gotta have cilantro!

I can't abide "fresh" herbs from the grocery store, so unless I grow them myself or I am able to get them at the farmer's market, I leave it out. I agree cilantro is very tasty in guac, but not always available. I'm getting ready to start some new Aerogardens and cilantro, oregano, thyme, chives, Italian parsley, dill, and basil are on the list. The indoor gardens took a back seat because of the outdoor garden, but I am ready to "get it in gear" indoors.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC