Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High end rotomolded cooler deal.

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    My sons are enjoying all these cooler pics. Keep em coming
    Brother yolk, I'm not even going to try and lie. I'm enjoying them too. When you get to be my age, well I better not say it. I may offend someone. 
    sgh, my dad would say...50 is the new 17 ;)
    Agree 100 brother Less. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    They finally killed my thread. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

That is the small one.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    Options
    Yep. She is sinking. Kind of sad really. It was a post to help people save money on rotomolded coolers. It don't make sense to me. Oh well.....

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    they must want you buying eggs, not high priced coolers =) thats all i can figure
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    Options
    they must want you buying eggs, not high priced coolers =) thats all i can figure
    We may never know brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Yeti coolers comes with a dry basket.  Pelicans are cheaper, but, doesn't include the basket which is a $50-$60 accessory.  (Or you can get a $10 standard 1/3 tray at Restaurant Depot...). I sent Rtic and email and got a response that they're working on accessories, but, they didn't answer the question if it came with the dry basket.  If you're going to compare your product with tbe market leader, I think it should have the same functions, festures, and accessories.

just my 2 cents...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I have a problem with these high end coolers. They don't have wheels and pull handles. These coolers are so heavy. Why don't they have wheels?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SGH
    Options
    500 said:
    Why don't they have wheels?
    Because most folks that buy them use them as a casting platform when fishing. The wheels would prevent this use. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    Yeti coolers comes with a dry basket.  Pelicans are cheaper, but, doesn't include the basket which is a $50-$60 accessory.  (Or you can get a $10 standard 1/3 tray at Restaurant Depot...). I sent Rtic and email and got a response that they're working on accessories, but, they didn't answer the question if it came with the dry basket.  If you're going to compare your product with tbe market leader, I think it should have the same functions, festures, and accessories.

just my 2 cents...
    You have to consider the fact that the RTI's are less than 1/2 the price of a Yeti. So if a basket doesn't come with it and you have to purchase one, you are still way ahead on money. That I know of, only the Yeti 65 and smaller comes with a basket. On their 1,400 dollar cooler, you have to buy the basket seperate. It's ashame that this thread sunk. 

Status- Standing by.

• RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    I've really been looking hard @ these ... too bad they're imported. That means something to me!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • SGH
    Options
    I've really been looking hard @ these ... too bad they're imported. That means something to me!
    Sadly this thread won't bump any longer brother Bobby. I thought that they were made state side though. Either way, it's a heck of a good price for a rotomolded cooler. 

Status- Standing by.

• DaBudDawg
    Options
    Anyone get the cooler delivered yet?
  • SGH
    Options
    DaBudDawg said:
    Anyone get the cooler delivered yet?
    I haven't. I was told we would receive a email toward the end of this month let us know that we could complete our orders. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gdfein
    Gdfein Posts: 60
    Options
    Dear BGE family,

I pre-registered for one of these back during summer. On 8/18 when I got my "Secure your reservation" email, I completed my order that day and I thought I was early enough in the que to be in the first wave of shipments. 

Still have not received my product and order status now says Dec 4 shipping my eta. 

Is is anyone else still waiting??

gdfein
    BGE XL Woodlands, TX (Originally from Buffalo, NY but I got here as fast as I could)
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Looks like my 65 is to be delivered tomorrow. Just got the notice email.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    @Gdfein   Some people have gotten theirs.  I am still waiting on a tan 45 ordered the same day as you.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.