Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Chicken Fajitas

Options
Cooked the thighs @250° indirect with a small amount of white oak for smoke & rubbed with DP Fajitaish.  

Once they hit 185ish I moved them outside of the PS to get a little crisp. Pulled at 205 as an average 

Pulled the chicken and into the CI with the peppers,onions, tomatoes and the fajita seasonings 

Plated with some fresh cilantro 

The taste was spot on.   Thanks for looking!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Get out of my way, I'm hungry!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Yes sir.  You so need to write a low carb cookbook!   B)  Well done brother.  
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Wow...those will be on the to do list
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    DMW said:
    Get out of my way, I'm hungry!
    It was funny as hell that your pulled chicken re- surfaced today.  I was looking at it no more than 10mins before @sgh bumped it.  

There's about 2 servings left if you are close. 

analyze adapt overcome

• beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Damn that looks great
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! 

analyze adapt overcome

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man it's been raining pulled chicken as of late. I'm glad to see it as its one of my favorites. Awesome job brother. That plate looks great :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969
    Question my friend. Do you prefer pulled chicken over traditional? I ask because you see fewer and fewer folks making it these days. Heck even most joints have stopped serving it pulled 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Depending on what I am making.  For sandwiches, tacos or fajitas I prefer pulled chicken.  For something where the chicken is the main dish I prefer whole pieces of chicken.  I just recently started using the thighs for pulling, before I would use bone in breast. Results were good but nowhere near the juiciness of the thighs.   

analyze adapt overcome

• SGH
    Options
    Mattman3969 said:
      I just recently started using the thighs for pulling, 
    Those ole thighs are a tough act to follow when it comes to making pulled chicken. They are my least favorite cut of chicken EXCEPT when making pulled chicken. For this they are unbeatable. Again, outstanding looking plate my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mattman3969 said:
      I just recently started using the thighs for pulling, 
    Those ole thighs are a tough act to follow when it comes to making pulled chicken. They are my least favorite cut of chicken EXCEPT when making pulled chicken. For this they are unbeatable. Again, outstanding looking plate my friend. 
    +2 on thighs for pulling...I like it because it's different..
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...