Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Post

Options
Not a green egg meal but homemade hashbrowns with no spatulas used to flip anything. Eggs were farm fresh raised eggs and thick cut hickory smoked bacon with white toast. 

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn Blake! Got the whole family involved now! Welcome little Husker!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Jeremiah He's got skills brotha! :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @HuddleHouseCook
    Brother Huddle, the grub looks phenominal. Cooked on a egg or not, this is my kind of food. I can really put away some grub like that. And before I forget, welcome to the forum. I can see from your ability to cook that you will fit right in my friend. For coming right out of the gate swinging and a excellent job:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Okay, school us lil husk!  No spatula used to flip anything?  Are spatulas frowned upon? What did you use to flip...or was everything cooked without flipping?

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Okay, school us lil husk!  No spatula used to flip anything?  Are spatulas frowned upon? What did you use to flip...or was everything cooked without flipping?

I'm standing by curious myself. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    He's got skills brotha! :smiley: 
    He certainly does. What wonder who he learned from ;)

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:
    He's got skills brotha! :smiley: 
    He certainly does. What wonder who he learned from ;)
    Trust me when I say he's got his very own skill set and style. :sunglasses: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HuddleHouseCook
    HuddleHouseCook Posts: 15
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @cazzy I used a small circle pan and used some olive oil and let it crisp the hashbrowns and flipped them with a flick of my wrist as well as the eggs that are over medium and over medium well in the other picture. Spatulas are frowned upon at huddle house for egg pans though. Thank you 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @crazy :rofl: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    Trust me when I say he's got his very own skill set and style. :sunglasses: 
    He has got it going on for sure. That looks spectacular. 

Status- Standing by.

• HuddleHouseCook
    Options
    @SGH thank you for the compliments sir, I appreciate it a lot for my first post. Thank you 
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH thank you for the compliments sir, I appreciate it a lot for my first post. Thank you 
    My pleasure brother. You more than earned it. All kidding aside, that's the kind of grub I grew up eating. I can really hurt myself on that. 

Status- Standing by.

• Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    Welcome. Nice looking meal.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Most excellent cook!  Breakfast done right!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @cazzy I used a small circle pan and used some olive oil and let it crisp the hashbrowns and flipped them with a flick of my wrist as well as the eggs that are over medium and over medium well in the other picture. Spatulas are frowned upon at huddle house for egg pans though. Thank you 
    Makes sense!  My brother taught me the "wrist flick" at his restaurant.  I mainly use it for omelettes though.  Good looking meal.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    Nice looking meal.
    bgebrent said:
    Most excellent cook!  Breakfast done right!
    I agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• HuddleHouseCook
    Options
    @Hunter1881 thank you very much 
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Great cook egg or not I would be all in on that meal!! 
  • SGH
    Options
    txhawkeye said:
    I would be all in on that meal!! 
    I would be all over it like hair on a hippy!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Spatulas are frowned upon at huddle house 
    I didn't know this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I learn something new everyday on the forum.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Got the whole family involved now! 
    Nothing better than good food with family. Especially if they help with the cooking. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looking good @HuddleHouseCook.  I see you got your dad's photo skills too.  Welcome,  I can't wait tell my son is more interested in cooking and grilling.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Ok, maybe Patawan is teaching the Jedi. damn son, school dad!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    No spatula!  You need to go on Cut Throat Kitchen!
  • SGH
    Options
    Ok, maybe Patawan is teaching the Jedi. damn son, school dad!
    I'm now wondering if this young man is the one actually cooking all that great looking grub that brother Husker has been posting :confused: 

Status- Standing by.

• TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
  • HuddleHouseCook
    Options
    Nope my dad has cooked all of the food and taken the photos but we both think of the ideas, he knows more about the sea food than I do though but I will learn. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice job!