Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burping the Gasser

Options
I guess my new found Egg habits are getting ingrained. I caught myself burping my gasser last night and had to laugh.  =)
South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cooked some fat Ribeyes at my folks house Friday night and did the same thing. Dad got a kick out of it.  Old habits.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    You guys are joking around but I had some brats that caused a nasty fire a while back. As soon as I opened my gasser a fireball erupted where the inrush of air mixed with fire and a squirting brat. I had to put it out with a box of baking soda. Scared the crap out of me. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    This is no lie, but last week at my dealer's show room I started to inspect a M/M but I burped it first just out of natural instinct! Actually I'm kinda proud of myself!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Totally agree, RRP. After my first flash burn of my left arm and left side of my face, I burp a cold Egg. I guess it carries over.  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    LOL!  SWMBO asked me last week if I knew I'd burped the gasser...had no idea I'd burped it!  We both laughed out loud!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    You play the way you practice, it's all about muscle memory. Burping whatever you open is  good thing - as long as you do not go looking for a knob to turn to snuff your egg - all is good.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Options
    Yup, you guys trained me well. I caught myself burping my weber last week.