Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Options

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    It's an egg compliment not an egg replacement!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • d16lee
    d16lee Posts: 46
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm surprised the mods haven't sunk this...
    What mods? :)

There is like less than zero chance this gets approved by the wife...
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    DMW said:
    Give it time. 
    Naaaaah.....they have already met their quota of removing 3 threads per year.   We are good.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    d16lee said:
    DMW said:
    What mods? :)

There is like less than zero chance this gets approved by the wife...
    Just order one and ask for forgiveness later.  My wife wasn't happy at first but then she ate some food off of it. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Upgraded drip. Reamed out hole and added down spout. 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Upgraded drip. Reamed out hole and added down spout. 
    Well done!  No need to weld a piece to stop grease from making it past the hole.  Just curious.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • grege345
    Options
    Wish I thought of that cazzy. We will see how it goes for now. The hole is a full 1/2 inch now so maybe it won't be needed. If it is I'll follow your advice and put a bead across the end

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @grege345   Nicely done - looks like a good fix.
    Phoenix 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That looks awesome @grege345  I want to do something like that and add a higher lip all the way around the drip channel.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Well. Lowes took the 20% BBB coupon no questions asked. Put it together and cooked burgers last night and hot ham and cheese for lunch. Couple rounds of seasoning. And I love this thing. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • tamu2009
    Options

LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • grege345
    Options
    That looks awesome @grege345  I want to do something like that and add a higher lip all the way around the drip channel.
    My wife wants to do potatoe pancakes on it. You think it's doable?

• cazzy
    Options
    tamu2009 said:

That didn't take long!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I hate you guys I was doing this at 1am last night and this morning my wife refused to clean it up. What a mess to try this inside.
  • grege345
    Options
    Join the club **** lol @Lit

• Lit
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Join the club **** lol @Lit
    I will by next summer. I am running out of space for toys until I can focus on my backyard.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    grege345 said:
    My wife wants to do potatoe pancakes on it. You think it's doable?
    Yes, it seasons up just like her favorite cast iron skillet. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Y'all are pushing me off the cliff....
  • grege345
    Options
    Y'all are pushing me off the cliff....
    Jump mother ****** lol

• cazzy
    Options
    Lit said:
    I hate you guys I was doing this at 1am last night and this morning my wife refused to clean it up. What a mess to try this inside.
    My wife read about a new system that guarantees to keep the kitchen spotless.

Stop cooking!

Since she doesn't cook,she was very amused by that. LOL
  • blasting
    Options
    @tamu2009   Congrats, looking good!  Mine is only a week old and my first thought when I looked at your pics was "wow, it looks so new".
    Phoenix 
  • blasting
    Options
    @Lit   You make that kind of mess inside in the middle of the night and then want that beautiful bride of yours to clean it up in the morning?  At first I thought you were nuts, but I've got you pegged my friend.

You're getting her to insist on the new Blackstone!  Splatter up the kitchen with bacon grease tonight, pick up the new griddle on Monday?

Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    My wife has been enjouing the food but she did say "if I have to wash one more of your !@$%# giant spatulas..."

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lit
    Options
    blasting said:
    @Lit   You make that kind of mess inside in the middle of the night and then want that beautiful bride of yours to clean it up in the morning?  At first I thought you were nuts, but I've got you pegged my friend.

You're getting her to insist on the new Blackstone!  Splatter up the kitchen with bacon grease tonight, pick up the new griddle on Monday?

I did once or twice think she may insist on getting a black stone but that wasn't the case. She usually will clean up my messes in the morning but she took one look at the mess and said I'm not cleaning this (I didn't expect her to but she's kinda OCD about cleanliness). I am actually cleaning it now cause I want to make eggs.
  • tamu2009
    Options
    Brunch with mom and dad was a success. 1.5 pounds of bacon. Peppers and onions. Scrambled eggs. Fried eggs. It's hot  as hell in Texas, but sweating making breakfast was so worth it. 

What was the trick to get it to drain right?

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Got together with some friends at a buddies house lastnight to eat, swim and drink. 3 packs of hasbrowns.some leftover ham. A dozen eggs. 2 pounds of bacon. A package of frozen frozen peppers with onions. And a loaf of texas toast. Sorry I didn't get a pic of it all but I was busy. And yes thats me floating with the beer. 

Looking good Scott. Were those the frozen hash browns from a bag?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Hotch yeah.  refrigerated not frozen.  in Walmart they're in the dairy section. I cooked them a little over medium heat. And left them alone. Almost impossible to burn. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • grege345
    Options
    @tamu2009 I use small washers that fit under the pegs of the flat top. I use 3 in upper left corner. 2 in lower left corner and 2 in upper right corner. You will no doubt have to do it a little different but for less than 2$ at Home Depot you can get it to drain however you want

• Gonnaneedabiggeregg
    Options
    Followed me home.  Seasoned with flax seed oil, then onions, then bacon.  Gave it a test run with some reversed seared (egg then griddle) pork chops.  Definitely a nice compliment to the egg.
    South Jersey / XL Egg