Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Hey Moderators OT

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
How long does it take to grant access?  The Spouse signed up over 24 hours ago and still no posting capability.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I had to call to get access. 5 days later. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Took me three tries, that's why I have a stupid handle...
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2015
    Options
    We should flag his post so we ensure they read it.  :lol: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • rossv1
    rossv1 Posts: 114
    Options
    I got in within only a couple of hours or so.
    22 in Macon, GA - Large BGE 2015
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Must be what mod is on board. I know people just like earlier posters who get on right now and others who wait many days and even weeks. This seems so strange to me when this forum promotes the egg and when newbies want on here then their unbridied enthusiam is sapped! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    cazzy said:
    We should flag his post so we ensure they read it.  :lol: 
    Cazzy, I'm feeling offensive, flag away.  She's eager to show off her novice cooks.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    1) I bet they are not that "novice".

2) it took me a couple of weeks to get approved. Her background check may be a lot less questionable...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    1) I bet they are not that "novice".

2) it took me a couple of weeks to get approved. Her background check may be a lot less questionable...
    Well, she used to have a Top Secret clearance when I was a Facility Security Officer and she was the assistant FSO.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    RRP said:
    Must be what mod is on board. I know people just like earlier posters who get on right now and others who wait many days and even weeks. This seems so strange to me when this forum promotes the egg and when newbies want on here then their unbridied enthusiam is sapped! 
    I really don't think they care. I think this forum exists so that they can say there's a forum, but that's the extent of it. It just exists. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    Took a few weeks and two tries for moi.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    I had to wait about 10 days

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Good thing you didn't put DEVASTATED in your title - that turns threads invisible to MODS...
    Phoenix 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    48 hours and counting.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    When and if she ever gets here - Welcome!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Thank you mods.  The Spouse will make her debut later today hopefully, although we have some pretty hectic things going on.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome. Family :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Was more than a week for me....didn't really pay much attention....thought mine may have been rejected given the "Cocks" reference. I was surprised when I got the notification.....logged in and off I went.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow