Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Yeti colster price?

Options
Was thinking of getting one until I saw the price.  On Amazon they are $50.  Ebay has them for $37.25.  Are they that expensive everywhere?  Where did you guys get yours?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited July 2015
    Options
    We just paid $29.95 for a Colster at D i c k's Sporting Goods.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    29.95 at Holiday mkt. canton Mich. and it is worth twice the price!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    I have a Academy and a Dicks Sporting goods right down the road from me. I paid the same 29.95 at Acadeny for the two pictured below. However they are 25.99 if you get the ones without the Yeti can included. I thought why not, what's 4 bucks in the grand scheme of things and got the ones with the cans included. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    I have a Academy and a Dicks Sporting goods right down the road from me. I paid the same 29.95 at Acadeny for the two pictured below. However they are 25.99 if you get the ones without the Yeti can included. I thought why not, what's 4 bucks in the grand scheme of things and got the ones with the cans included. 

I hate this forum.  I was thinking about getting a tumbler, then thinking about a colster.  A member above said the colster was worth twice what he paid.  And I know @RRP is a huge fan of the tumblers (as is everyone that has one). 

I will probably end up with both......$30 seems high for a Coozie!!!!!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I love mine. I think I might get anothe actually. I'd like to have a cold one staying cold in the bullpen while I'm drinking another one
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    I hate this forum.  I was thinking about getting a tumbler, 
    I'm not sure if this 30oz is what is called a tumbler or not. But it's worth it's weight in gold whatever it is. Purchasing it and seeing how well it really performed led me to buying the Yeti 50 cooler. This cup (whatever it's called) is bad to the bone. Going to buy 4 more as soon as Academy gets some more in. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I got mine at True Value Hardware on Memorial Day.  Buy a 5 gallon bucket and everything you can fit inside is 20% off.  2 @ YETI ice a Colster and a 20 oz tumbler. I rarely find YETI on sale.  Colster was 29.95 list before discount. 
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I love ours so much that just today we sent a 20 and a 30 to friends in FL. Her's is when she is poolside and his for the yard! They say they go thru purchased bags of ice like crazy - THAT will change!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    You think those are expensive, try to snag a Seafoam green Yeti
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    $30 for a can cozie! You all don't drink fast enough....  =)

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I got mine for around $25-$30 at Dicks Sporting Goods. Have to admit, its a bit steep at that price, I don't really couldn't recommend it for that price. Not saying it doesn't do its job, but beers don't need to stay cold that long after I crack them open. I regular coozie is a bit easier to carry around also. Tumblers are worth it though.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA