Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daddy Daughter Date Tonight...

2»

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Looks great. Daddy time is priceless.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Lucky YOU!    My Niece went thru a Vegatarian Phase lasting almost a YEAR.
    She is now a normal carnivore and about to graduate from cooking school.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Damn :-)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Awesome cook... Your a great Dad!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Great meal and what a blessing to be able to get a little dad and daughter time. Nothing puts a smile on my face like hearing stories of good dad and daughter night.  Children are truly a blessing.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @hapster
    Brother it all looks fantastic as always. I bet your little girl was real proud of you when you served that grub. Solid brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    I'm so excited for this time. My daughter is only 16 weeks old. The first child in my family since me! It's amazing how much they can change you.

Ohh yeah, great looking meal too!
    Congrats on your daughter.  My son was born 15 months ago and it seems like just yesterday.  He's walking/running already which is making things interesting and he's starting to try and talk more than the Mama and Dada's.  He's becoming a Daddy's boy already and wants to be out at the Egg with me when I'm cooking.  He's always fussing when I don't take him and when he's out there he's always trying to look into the Egg when I'm holding him.  He eats it too, or at least tries it out excitedly.  We had a proud parent moment today, SWMBO needed to go out and get some things after I got home from work today, she's on summer break and watching another kid so she doesn't get out of the house much right now.   So we all went to dinner out TGI Friday's because it's loud enough there that Jr. won't piss too many off if he's loud.  He was perfect through the whole meal ate a little of everything and didn't throw food all over the place like usual.  Then at Target same deal he even walked around the store a little on his own playing with the soccer balls.  First time we've gone out all of us with no melt downs since he's gotten active and it was great.  Enjoy this first year because one day out of the blue you realize how big they've gotten and it doesn't take long.  

Sorry for the hijack @hapster, the meal looks amazing as usual.  I'm looking forward to the day I can treat my son to the same but I already wish time would slow down just a little.  
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Bravo sir....what life's about!
    Seattle, WA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Thanks everyone... It was great to spend an evening cooking and talking with my little girl.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited July 2015
    I have always enjoyed reading your posts, especially those of the Father and Daughter cook nights. You are a fortunate man, and I am sure she is so very lucky to have you. Great cook. The images are excellent, the post very informative. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • otter
    otter Posts: 340
    Very Nice!
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Nice looking meal again. I am sure your daughter will remember these date nights for the rest of her life. Good job Dad!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    Wait just a DD min @hapster !  Crab pretzels and hard root beer in the same post?  SWMBO has a lot of sewing to do because my head just fell off twice!  
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook