Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Trying hard to stick to my new diet. So tonight it's a small portion of spaghetti with meat sauce, mushrooms and meatballs. No big cuts of meat or seafood until the weekend. I feel like a hippy in a wind storm. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I admire your intense sacrifices, @SGH.  

EDIT:  since pasta is more fattening than meat, you might make a slight adjustment to your ratio.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    Options
    Botch said:
    I admire your intense sacrifices, @SGH.  

EDIT:  since pasta is more fattening than meat, you might make a slight adjustment to your ratio.  
    Brother it's been a real struggle to cut back. So far I have stuck with it though. There are times that I want to just inhale a seafood platter or three. I really thought that I would have given up by now but so far so good. I'm just taking it one day at a time my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Pork burnt ends. Finishing them with Apple.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Searching the  interwebs in vain for my favorite blog. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:

Looks great brother. Fat boy or Gator?

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Fishin'

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Curing 12 pounds of bacon.  And picking up my new Mastercraft X-30 tomorrow!  Stoked and everyone is invited!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac, beautiful cove!  I'd like to barefoot on that!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    Fishin'

Breath taking view. I love to fish myself. Went the other day and caught a slew of eels and hard heads. I was mad as heck. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:

Looks great brother. Fat boy or Gator?
    Thanks. It's a fatboy. we have a couple college interns at work that always comment about my lunches so I am bringing them some.
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Thanks. It's a fatboy. we have a couple college interns at work that always comment about my lunches so I am bringing them some.
    The Fatboy is a great rig. The 2012 Jack Daniels Invitational was won by a team using a single Fatboy for all categories. For the record, you are more than welcome to bring me some food too ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @bgebrent @SGH its a friends pond.  Very quiet and peaceful.  Watch turtles, frogs, coons, deer, and rabbits while fishing.  

Not a bad way to burn a few hours in the evening.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Options
    They were spicy when I tried them so the final sauce I did straight blues hog original. They start out sweet then have a kick. I hit them with honey hog hot and byrons when I sauced them the first time with tenn red and orig. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have been watching over my neighbor/friend's kitchen/bath renovation.  I have been giving him bad news about the contractor for the past week.  He and his wife are our brisket camp lawyers and they don't know the difference between a phillips and flat head screw, but they are excellent attorneys, we are covered like a pig in a blanket at brisket camp in the legal department.  The screw part they're getting right now from the contractor.  I'm trying to tell him what needs to be fixed.  Cause he don't know.  Big confrontation in the morning.
    Options
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Multi-tasking.. reading & masticating.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Watched a guy at lunch pull out his day old IPhone 6+ to show his buddies.

He promptly dropped it two feet and shattered the screen.

His buddies were unmercifully mean to him.

I felt sad.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Watching my kids destroy the raw oysters and escargot. I really need to leave them at home.... B)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Watching my kids destroy the raw oysters and escargot. I really need to leave them at home.... B)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOa-RWv2AAU
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    This post belongs in the what am I drinking now thread as well. Which is gin and tonic, and way way way too much of it.. But I also going to post it here. Usually I am at the boat. This weekend I am home. Currently I am watching it get dark.....

Yep. It is dark.  All is well. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sitting by the fire enjoying a brandy and cigar. Pondering if I'm ready to make an offer on a property.

Forgot the pic...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Sea2Ski I hate you.  That yard is beyond gorgeous!

In keeping with the thread, I am now questioning my life's choices.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Between the yard and the fishing pics, he's high on my list too. 

BTW, dinner has turned into bad karaoke. Not me. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Agreed.

I'm staring at an almost-flat front tire on my beemer, this is the second motorcycle flat I've gotten in as many years, on Hill AFB.  This is getting expensive, and depressing.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Worst rendition of "Rocky Top" I've ever heard. But he looks good. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

Thank you,  years of work to get it that way.  All by hand and hydraulics for the big stones. Hydraulics by the contractor. Hand work by me. if you think you could lift it or plant it, I did it. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    Wondering how in the hell am I going to fix my recliner!