Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why?

Options
Why would such a great pizza thread get sunk?
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1184545/ot-pizza-night-on-the-blackstone-pizza-oven#latest

There was no vulgarity or name calling. I don't understand why mean spirited posts are tolerated but this one by an active contributor got sunk.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I agree with you. But, my guess is because it was on a Blackstone and not an Egg and the thread being labeled egghead forum vs OT. Just a guess though. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Maybe because you can make pizza on the Egg. Whereas you can't really griddle on the egg. But that really was a great pizza thread. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Pretty sure it was the abusive use of peaches and balsamic vinager.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    Now that I have your attention, everyone who isn't Christian is going to Hell, especially the Mormons.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Now that I have your attention, everyone who isn't Christian is going to Hell, especially the Mormons.
    Not Hindus though.  They are coming back to try again.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Your mom.
    Options
    First let me say, that you along with Johnny Cash, were my all time favorite country music singers. Now on to the question at hand. I don't know brother. Short of extreme vulgarity and race, there doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to what threads they decide to sink. They may be cracking down on non BGE cooks. I may fire off one of the big units tomorrow and post the cook just to check the theory. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I can tell you, a creepy Col. Sanders thread won't make it 24hrs. Zapped not sunk. 

However, a Devastated lives on at the bottom of the pile. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Fire away @SGH we will be eagerly anticipating the returns....

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    SGH said:
    First let me say, that you along with Johnny Cash, were my all time favorite country music singers. Now on to the question at hand. I don't know brother. Short of extreme vulgarity and race, there doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to what threads they decide to sink. They may be cracking down on non BGE cooks. I may fire off one of the big units tomorrow and post the cook just to check the theory. 
    Please do fire up one of the big units!  I always love your big unit cooks! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I find it ironic the Christians are amongst the most judgmental. 
    I am hoping this was posted as a joke.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    Options
    Sounds legit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dayzed&confused
    Options
    I think BGE got their feelings hurt because you didn't cook on an egg?

San Angelo, texas
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Thanks for your input Conway_Twatty.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Not Hindus though.  They are coming back to try again.
    ... and again, and again, and again...

The karmic baggage gets to be a real drag after the first 1000 rebirths or so.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Twitty, this is straying off topic a little, but with your user name I figure that you are a Conway fan yourself. I still have some old 78's and 33's when he performed under his real name: Harold Loyd Jenkins. At the time, he was most famous for being a Elvis impersonator. When he made the move to country music he took the stage name of Conway Twitty. For all he accomplished, he certainly immortalized two words. They would be "Hello Darlin". 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - so you're saying Conway Twitty is Harold Loyd Jenkins' troll account.  That makes sense.
    Options
    @SGH - so you're saying Conway Twitty is Harold Loyd Jenkins' troll account.  That makes sense.
    No sir. The country music singer known as Conway Twitty was really named Harold Loyd Jenkins. Conway Twitty was a stage name that he took on to distance himself from his impersonation career. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I find it ironic the Christians are amongst the most judgmental. 
    I am hoping this was posted as a joke.
    @YukonRon  I kind of agree with you.  Although I don't mind at all how a guy like SGH let's people know where he stands.  However, aggressive religion like the quote above doesn't sit well with me - - it's like nails on a chalkboard.
    Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I saw a band referenced on Farcebook called "Kanye Twitty".   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Oh, come on. Everyone wants to go to heaven. But not today.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Everyone wants to go to heaven. 
    I certainly do. 

Status- Standing by.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:
    Everyone wants to go to heaven. 
    I certainly do. 
    ... And nobody wants to die to get there