Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Dinner: Egged Roast Beef

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was at the market earlier and decided to grab me one of these bottom rounds for my 1st ever attempt at roast beef on the Egg.
Simple rub of EVOO and Dizzy's Cow Lick. Had the small stable @ 270 and threw in a chunk of hickory. Yes the indirect setup is hilarious but wait until you see the dinnerware used.
134507117_fa7463b281.jpg?v=0
Here she is after 2 hrs @ 270 and 1 hr @ 400. Perfect 140.
134507118_d173a6651f.jpg?v=0
As the roast was resting in foil and a towel has some sweet white corn goin' on the large.
134507119_1142cbdf57.jpg?v=0
Here she after about 45 minutes of resting.
134507120_3d9b22ea80.jpg?v=0
As the last good Egg cook before next weeks NFL draft Jr showing off his colors while grabbing for firsts
134507121_a58f01605e.jpg?v=0
And as promised here is the full meal on the hidious dinnerware. I guess some prefer more modern style dinnerware, but didnt effect the taste of this fantastic beef! Heeeeeee!
Thanx to those who posted about roast beef in the past.
ST
134507122_a5b3dbdf31.jpg?v=0
ST

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    bbbf92c9.jpg
    <p />Smokin' Todd,[p]Hey, That's my roast!! Hehee. Those are one of my favorite cooks on the small too. Nice job man, good lookin' eats.[p]eb37141f.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    thirdeye,
    That can not be your roast...you would have had a much more respectable indirect setup...unlike my friggin foil and metal bowl...ROFL! I really gotta get Chubby's Gratemate.
    So noooooooooow I remember! it was you who posted about roast beef in the past. I couldnt find anything in the archives for the time I had and just decided to play along(very dangerous).
    After 2 hrs I checked the internal temp of the rooast(with a simple non digital tool) and didnt register anyting close to 140. So I just got her at 400 and told the better half if it aint done by 7:30 i'll just slice her and grill.
    But I got lucky this time.
    What exactly do you do for this cut...How long and what temp?
    Thanx,
    ST

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Before Evans came out with the Grate Mates, I made a plate setter out of 3/8" steel plate for my small. It uses a SS pie pan for the drip pan. If I didn't have this gadget I would own a Grate Mate, the design is wonderful.[p]227fd50f.jpg[p]If you http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com you will go to my cookin' site. Scroll down to the BEEF section and check out Round & Rumps to see how I do them.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Smokin' Todd,[p]Great pic of you son! He'll be out there BBQing with you in no time.[p]Chris
  • Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that the plates at my mom's house when we were growing up were exactly the same. Classics, man, classics!! :)[p]Oh, the beef looks good, too. Not a bad looking kid either. ;)[p]Rich