Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket shopping. Help!

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
 My stepson's girlfriend is moving out of town, so I let her choose what she wants for dinner Saturday night. Brisket! My butcher is selling it for $8 a pound untrimmed. We don't have a Costco or Sam's nearby, but I might be willing to make a trip if the prices are much better. What do you all pay there?
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    In the midwest I buy from Sam's at 3.68 per pound a few weeks ago, prime grade at Costco were 3.89 per pound.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Costco prime around $3.89/lb now.  Was as high as $4.29/lb in May.  Call first as brisket is hit or miss at Costco here. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    If you have a Super Walmart nearby, they might have them for $2.96/#. They do out here in the burbs.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    If you have a Super Walmart nearby, they might have them for $2.96/#. They do out here in the burbs.
    SAMs club has them too but I haven't got one this year so I wouldn't quote a price.  The super walmarts by me all seem to have choice grade...I've always went a little higher and went for the prime,
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Sams clubs around here in Pa don't seem to carry whole packers. In the SE Pa area your choices are RD and Super Walmart . 
    @jlsm, the Super Walmarts up here in Berks and Montco carry the choice packers.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset