Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On a more personal note...?

Options
I'll apologize in advance for the length of my post, but I felt it was somewhat necessary to explain my thoughts. 

During my month or so as a member of the eggheadforum, I've enjoyed the advice I've received, the sometimes lively debates, and pics of the many dishes and recipes that you all have been making.  I've also noticed that some of you seem to know each other fairly well and I've gotten the impression that some of you may even know each other in real life or have at least met at different BGE functions. 

I've also noticed that there often seems to be a good deal of interest in (somewhat off-topic) threads like... what you're drinking right now, what are you reading right now, etc..

Anyway, I was thinking of starting a series of posts that might allow all of us to get to know each other on a slightly more personal level.  Don't worry, it's not designed to be anything too deep.  I'm not trying to get all touchy feely and ask you about your deepest hopes and dreams or anything that would require you to lay down on a couch and express yourself to a licensed professional.  It would just entail me posting a question once every week or two (maybe on Friday's).  Some questions may relate to the BGE or food in general, many may not.    Just to give you an idea of the types of questions I'm referring to, the following three might be examples:

1.  What is the one BGE accessory that you could not live without?

2.  Besides cooking/grilling/smoking, etc., what is another of your favorite hobbies?

3.  If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Those type of questions might introduce all of us to some new ideas, and may also help connect you to someone else with the same "off-beat" interests.  I thought it might just be fun, and bring something new to an already great forum.  Those who want to participate could, those who don't want to, obviously wouldn't have to.  I thought it just might help us all to share and get to know each other on a slightly more personal level.  Anyway, I guess I'm just gauging interest in the idea.  If a handful or two of the members are interested, it might be worth the investment in time.  If no one is interested, I'll scrap the idea all together.  I guess you can just reply to this thread if you think you may be interested in even occasionally participating, with the understanding that it certainly doesn't obligate you to anything.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd - Smoking on my LBGE in Elkridge, MD

GO IRISH!  Onward to Victory!

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    So you're posting a thread to anticipate participation in future threads you will post?  I think you are ruining the surprise.
    NOLA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    So you're posting a thread to anticipate participation in future threads you will post?  I think you are ruining the surprise.
    I LOLLED
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Todd, I think you're good posting these kinds of threads man.  Lots of people here have posted them.  You'll actually get a pretty good response depending on the topic.  

I have met a few people here at one of the Egg Festivals.  I think many folks here have done the same.  If you can make it to one of those, I definitely recommend it.  Great way to meet some of the people here in person, and try some amazing food to boot!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Going with Grateful Dead (can't decide between) either American Beauty or Mars Hotel....oh sorry, guess we haven't started yet. 

Jump in.....I think past events like the Sauce and Rub exchange and just longevity builds the type of comradery over time. At least that is what I have come to learn on here and other threaded discussion boards. Some know each other from getting together as they may live in the same geography....and some have met at Egg-fest and such. You roll it all up and this is what you get.

No issues here....I think the off topic threads should be leveraged on the Off Topic forum....but don't have any personal issues with an occasional OT on the main forum. If the topic doesn't interest someone....then they move on to the next thread. JMTCW.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    +1 ^^^ What JIC said.      I think you might get more response from the newer folks. Sure some older may chime in as well, but there have been many of these types of threads already started.

IMO, I think reviving the older threads where these topics have already been covered, might be a good idea.  It would also give newer folks some history of the forum.

Again, Just my thoughts.  I'd be glad to contribute to all interesting threads !!!

I really like the throwdown threads and the threads where people show, describe, and share methods of cooking.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I would participate.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    If you follow the myriad of off topic threads on this forum, it won't take you very long get to know the different "personalities" of the various members.....
    GWN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Why don't we all just fill out one of these? =)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Why don't we all just fill out one of these? =)

She does sound like someone I'd like to get to know better.  I'm going to have to see if I can't find out some more revealing things about her on the internets.  
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Yea, but can you cook??
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    @DoubleEgger   If only "Whole lotta love" worked that well for me.....
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I enjoy taking windy walks on the beach......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    does she do laundry and dishes?  I kid!  I kid!
    Options
    Not sure how to make that recipe (to my heart) on the egg....but willing to try!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Thought she was gonna add  "Men with Thermapens & RTIC coolers"
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Do you like gladiator movies Jimmy? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Is your thermapen extended or are you happy to see me?