Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Coconut Cornbread

edited 4:04AM in EggHead Forum
Team Big Green Eggs and Ham created coconut cornbread and beans with help from the Green Egg on both....How sweet it was! Judges thought so, in the anscillary category....Thanks Laurie!

Comments

• CdnQerCdnQer Posts: 23
    Hmm,
    Coconut cornbread. Sounds great! Where's the recipe?

Erik
  • Dennis,
    How about sharing the recipe possible with some pics. TIA

• SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Dennis,
    I tasted that too. Dan did not tell me that was in it at first, I took some to BobbyQ and we both were a little stumped but there was a definate sweetness we could not point to. He went and got some more and found out about the coconut, man it was good.[p]-Kevin

• Richard, I'd love to get pics, but it didn't last 10 minutes.....next one with recipe, ok?

• FlatEricFlatEric Posts: 56
    Dennis,
    There is a place in Nashville and Knoxville called Calypso Cafe that something similar called Boija Muffins. Very good

[ul][li]Calyspo Cafe[/ul]
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Squeeze,
    I actually thought it might have been cinnamon or clove, but coconut made perfect sense when she told me.[p]Good looking, hard working, smart, and can cook award winning food, Dan is a lucky guy!!

• Dennis,
    Would be happy with the recipe today probably would go great with my polynesian kabobs this weekend. TIA

• Bobby-Q,
    Lucky for me is only the start of the description. My wife is incredible. Dan