Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone grill top (pics)

r8rs4lf
r8rs4lf Posts: 317
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
I purchased this because I have a camping trip coming up and really didn't want to haul the MM and everything along with it, and this griddle. 

Picked it up through Amazon $90.46 with free two day shipping as a prime member. 

The bag was a seperate purchase and it supposedly holds both the grill top and the griddle. Bag was $39.94 shipped same day as a prime member. 

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    @r8rs4lf   Now you have a serious camping machine!
    Phoenix 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    That is pretty cool, but... where does the rendered fat go?  I also am concerned how long term use will affect the burners. 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • r8rs4lf
    cazzy said:
    That is pretty cool, but... where does the rendered fat go?  I also am concerned how long term use will affect the burners. 
    It comes with a drip tray that is attached down below the burners. I still don't know if I installed it right. 

I'm also concerned about the burners, but I'm only going to take this camping twice a year. I'm sure transporting it will do more damage. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    A buddy has one that he brings out to the hunting camp. That thing is awesome. We mostly just used the griddle top and cooked all the breakfasts on it.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Nic rig man. Is that the same Blackstone that everyone has been buying just set up with grates for grilling instead of a flat top? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Toxarch said:
    A buddy has one that he brings out to the hunting camp. That thing is awesome. We mostly just used the griddle top and cooked all the breakfasts on it.
    I have a very similar one I use once a year for hotdogs and hamburgers at my Memorial Day picnic, that's why I'm trying to find a quality griddle top so I can get some good use out of it. 
  • r8rs4lf
    SGH said:
    Nic rig man. Is that the same Blackstone that everyone has been buying just set up with grates for grilling instead of a flat top? 
    Yes the same one.