Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a tried and tested Bleu Cheese dressing recipe. Big fan of the BC..but never made any..

My favorite store bought is the Wall-mart Marketside dressing. Believe me I have tried many a BC dressing. It is time to move into making my own. If you are proud of one....please share.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    never thought to make my own but a bottle of kens steak house and a tub of gorgonzola works for me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I've never made my own before.  I normally buy the bolthouse blue cheese dressing.  It's in the refrigerated isle. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Along the the above options, I like this stuff as well.

Marzetti The Ultimate Blue Cheese Dressing
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    I've actually done a really simple one a few times now.

Olive Oil
    Balsamic Vinegar reduction
    Blue Cheese

BAM
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    edited July 2015
    Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen) 

MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS

Stilton is an English blue cheese with a pungent, slightly sweet flavor. You will need 3 ounces of Stilton for this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
    3/4 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
    3/4 cup mayonnaise
    6 tablespoons sour cream
    1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

INSTRUCTIONS
    Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Serve. (Dressing can be refrigerated in airtight container for 1 week.)
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    I used to make it when I worked at Mortons Steakhouse - so much better than bottle.  Now I want to find that recipe!  I will see if I can dig it up for you . . 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    NDG said:
    I used to make it when I worked at Mortons Steakhouse - so much better than bottle.  Now I want to find that recipe!  I will see if I can dig it up for you . . 
    I would appreciate it. Love me some Morton's.....but not the bill.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    would like trhat mortons recipe as well, im noted to get the dressing on the side just for the blue cheese dressing shot, then let them take back the salad. =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I wouldn't mind that Mortons recipe either.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • MelSharples
    MelSharples Posts: 260
    Buffalo's Café Blue Cheese recipe:
    1 cup mayo
    1 cup sour cream. 
    tablespoon of poppy seeds
    Add blue cheese or gorgonzola to taste (crumbles or break apart yourself), usually 4 ounces
    I sometimes add a dash of garlic powder as well
    Mix well by hand
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    look at the dressing on the cooking channel for Steakhouse Steaks by Ina Garten.   It is fantastic on all steaks and on pork tenderloin.  haven't tried any other meats
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    NDG said:
    Does this look familiar?

http://www.food.com/recipe/mortons-blue-cheese-dressing-228879
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Looks about right - dont specifically remember the durkee . . . but I have a text out to my buddy (he continued with Mortons post college) to see if he remembers.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259

My favorite is Marie's.  They make a Chunky and an Extra Chunky.  Give it a try.  I think you'll like it.  

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• northGAcock
    Webass said:

My favorite is Marie's.  They make a Chunky and an Extra Chunky.  Give it a try.  I think you'll like it.  

I have tried and have used Marzetti and Marie's over the years. They are both serviceable in my opinion. As stated earlier....and you might want to try it...Walmart carries (in their produce Frig area) a good prepared dressing in their  Marketside dressing line. I like it better than the Marie's and Marzetti.....but you have the Walmart problems.....being out of it most of the time etc. etc. etc....not here to bash them today.

I just don't think you can beat a good fresh homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing. I myself would go a bit of heavy on the cheese and prefer chunky.  Just my two cents worth. I think we can all agree that it is some good chit! and just want to have the ability to improve upon it.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I'm often lazy with things, so I just buy something like Ken's and then add some blue cheese crumbles to make it extra chunky.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• northGAcock
    I'm often lazy with things, so I just buy something like Ken's and then add some blue cheese crumbles to make it extra chunky.  
    With you on that one....but have been getting some really good Bleu Cheese lately from specialty stores.....and want to do some experiment with making the dressings.....At the end of the day, i will prob just take a little of everything i read....and embark on my own. Wife is an artist so i am encouraged to paint outside of the lines I guess. 

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    This is what I do. They used to hand out the recipe on a card at their restaurants, and this loos identical.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chart-house-blue-cheese-dressing-copycat-183135
    South SLO County
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Tried to make my own for years, always come back to Marie's, Litehouse or Marzettie's. IMO, look in the delis and specialty shops, and it is often better if it must be refridgerated. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!