Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - New RV! Winnie Brave 26a

Options
2»

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy nice new ride 

@Focker That Pace Arrow brings up a lot a great memories.  My grandparents had the same exact model that they traveled the whole US in.  I spent many of summers in WY at the ranch in one of those. 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Styling 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Sweet! Many happy years enjoying it with family & friends!
  • AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Nice looking "condo" on wheels.. Been RVing about 12 years. Wish I could get on the road more often than we do. Sometime carry the mini egg and have had no problems(transport or cooking). Own an Allegro( Tiffin Motor) and their motto is : Roughing it Smoothly.  Enjoy
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Digging the retro!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Nice looking "condo" on wheels.. Been RVing about 12 years. Wish I could get on the road more often than we do. Sometime carry the mini egg and have had no problems(transport or cooking). Own an Allegro( Tiffin Motor) and their motto is : Roughing it Smoothly.  Enjoy
    The Tiffin Breeze made my short list of potential RVs. Tiffin makes some mighty fine RVs.  We wanted something under 30ft, with room to do Comp BBQ, room to take at least another couple with us, and something that could tow 5k pounds or more. And we are both characters. We needed something to match.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm sure it'll be parked at Brisket Camp. So many of you will get to see it!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm sure it'll be parked at Brisket Camp. So many of you will get to see it!

I don't just want to see it, I want to drive it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy   I'll say again, love that retro look.

About that hitch carrier.  You may want to think twice about putting an egg in one of those -  the bounce on those things can get quite severe - not sure how an egg would fair, especially off the freeway.
    Phoenix 
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    blasting said:

About that hitch carrier.  You may want to think twice about putting an egg in one of those -  the bounce on those things can get quite severe - not sure how an egg would fair, especially off the freeway.
    Thank you!! We love it too!

Yeah, that and theft really slow me down on bringing an egg. I may just throw a UDS back there. That way if it's stolen I'm only out about $150 and a days labor. And it can shake all it wants. Plus, who wants to steal a rusty trash can.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Dude, grab a minimax and throw it inside. What's another $600?
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    blasting said:

That's a really good point. I'm planning to purchase a Brian Alan table and they offer tie down hooks. They look nice, but you are right about the egg - it will need to be properly secured so that it doesn't bounce around. Have to ask them about that issue.

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That's tiny for a class A. Been debating whether to go class A or C myself.
    We were looking at Class C when we came across this. A lot of the amenities from a class A in the size of a Class C. At only 28ft it will be able to park in all our local state parks.(My favorite of which requires you to be under 30ft.)
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:

That's a really good point. I'm planning to purchase a Brian Alan table and they offer tie down hooks. They look nice, but you are right about the egg - it will need to be properly secured so that it doesn't bounce around. Have to ask them about that issue.

@HofstraJet I think centered over the trailer axle would be a lot less bouncy than the hitch carrier.   If I'm hauling something breakable, it goes in the bed of the truck between, or over the axles.  Not right at the back.  Same goes for trailering - roughest ride by far is behind the axle.  Hope that helps.
    Phoenix 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Wow!  man that awesome. I love mid modern stuff.I've been maybe checking on getting one of these. They look pretty cool. The guy has lots of videos on YouTube.http://www.mojoegriddle.com/

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I remember when the Winnie Brave was introduced. I was very young at the time, and was fascinated with the idea of motor home camping, although it had been around since Henry Ford and Thomas Edison.
    That is as cool as it gets, from my point of view. Congrats on the throw back.
    MBW and I plan to get a 5th wheel upon retirement. Perhaps we may cross paths sometime in the future. We will be the ones with the wine cellar, BGE, and blues playing at camp ground.
    Bon Voyage, brother.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky