Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So What's Cookin' This Weekend?

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm "egg"sperimenting with an Eggplant Parmesan tonight, served with a Caesar Salad. [p]Tomorrow's dinner will be a Tsunami spatch'd chicken, served with Rice n' Pintos, Marinated Veggie Salad and Grilled Asparagus.[p]So, what's everybody else got planned?[p]Tonia
:~)

Comments

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    QBabe,
    If all goes right I will serve cedar plank salmon with hand picked wild rice and fresh steamed asparagus.
    I'm hungry already. Diets are just no fun.[p]Howard in Bartow

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Smoking two turkey breasts this afternoon, not sure about tomorrow yet.[p]This may be too late, but when cooking on the egg, I have had better luck with a single layer eggplant dish rather than layering it. I have a Big Green Eggplant Parmesan recipe on my site. It is very simple. How about giving it a critique and also post your recipe. Link is below. It is about halfway down under "one dish meals"[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BGEstuffedchicken001.jpg
    <p />QBabe,

BGEstuffedchicken006.jpg

This was nice, a traditional roaster with stuffing. Used my big skillet with the handle cut off, greased it up good and put in the roaster. Stuffed with piping hot Brownberry Oven sage stuffing and surrounded the bird with potatoes, carrots and onions tossed with oil and Cajun seasoning. The bird got Penzeys Special Seasoning with sea salt. Roasted at 350 dome, indirect until the birds thigh hit 175. Cooked in 2 hours because the hot stuffing helped it along.
    I like traditional cast iron cookin.
    Clay

• QBabe,[p]Tuna1.jpg[p]Tuna seared at 700 for about 45 seconds on each side. The one on the left has Tsunami Spin and black pepper. The one on the right has a Thai Ginger Marinade from Whole Foods.
    Both were spectacular.

• QBabe
    Options
    MR H,[p]That sounds like some darn good food. Hope it turned out well...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I don't know why, but I don't do turkey breasts much. I should, though. I love turkey and it the leftovers go well in lots of things.[p]Thanks for the recipe. Mine turned out beautifully. I'll try and get it written up later today and post it. Looks like I'll be freezing some, since it made tons![p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    ClayQ,[p]Looks great![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Herm,[p]Rare tuna is a favorite in this house also. Fantastic![p]Tonia

• QBabe,[p]It was great. Here's a pic of the finished product:
    Tuna2.jpg

• QBabe
    Options
    Herm,[p]Looks awesome! How did you do the spinich?[p]Tonia

• That was just sauteed on the stove in some olive oil.