Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Solar deck post light recommendations

Options
Firemanyz
Firemanyz Posts: 907
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Ok so lately I have not spent much time egging due to trying to finish rebuilding my deck. I am coming to the finish line and need to find some solar post lights. Who has what and would recommend them to someone. Here are a few pics of the deck and I hope to have the egg back on it this week sometime. 

Comments

• Firemanyz
    Options
    Bump I guess I posted this at the wrong hour. I figured someone would chime in. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    We have some of the solar powered dock lights and they have held up fairly well.  Really more of an effect light than anything.  But as the post caps are higher it might offer a little more actual lighting. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    deck looks great!!!  Got some at Lowes...  Used on post at my steps... Would suggest every other post on your deck.
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I still like wired lights. The low voltage LED's do wonders for general lighting. If you can find them, get wired!

after a while with solar, you either have to replace the entire unit, or replace the EXPENSIVE rechargeable batteries in each light. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Firemanyz
    Options
    So wired lights are out as I can't get wires down between the post and sleeve

Does anyone have any recommendations?  Oine I was looking at a brand called classy caps, does anyone have their products?  Interested in how they hold up as they are a bit pricey at $35 or so a piece. Any help will be greatly appreciated.