Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PA in our Saturday Supper

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
It's great having our friend here for a visit from PA.  Started out with some apps.... ABTs... Cored and halved jalapenos filled with a mix of cream cheese, a dab of Hatch Chile jelly, diced pancetta, zesty peach BBQ sauce and wrapped in prosciutto.

And then on to supper.... Cupcake Pan Chicken Thighs with a beta rub from Meat Church and finished off with a zesty peach BBQ sauce. Thanks to @ryantt and his wife for the care package. :plus_one: 

Fresh zucchiniand squash from Brenda's & Jim's garden in EVOO, Meat Church Honey Hog Hot rub and parmesan.

Always time to enjoy a few from one of the local breweries.  

Our friend's delicious homemade Cherry Pie from their trees in PA and fresh Amish Wet Bottom Shoofly Pie.

Plated. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Looks great! 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Looks great, way to go.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    I love cooking chicken thighs that way, looks terrific.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Shoofly pie!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Wow Blake, you outdid yourself...again.  :o
    Jacksonville FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that's a killer looking spread there brother Husker. After that meal, I bet your friend isn't going to want to leave. You would have to chase me off!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ar15203
    ar15203 Posts: 86
    Options
    You did a great job! I love chicken thighs on the grill does the cupcake pan keep them from burning?
    XLBGE, Egging in NH
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DMW said:
    Shoofly pie!
    Yes Sir!  Good stuff but, then again somehow I think you already knew that. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ar15203 said:
    You did a great job! I love chicken thighs on the grill does the cupcake pan keep them from burning?
    Thank you. It does help but, it's more so to gain uniformity. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Wow what a great looking meal! 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Great looking meal. Were those bone-in or boneless thighs? I am intrigued
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @TTC Thanks!  No.  I pulled off the skin, removed some fat, deboned and shaped, put rub on the meat, wrapped back into the skin and lightly applied more rub to the skin. And toward the finish sauced em. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    The pic doesn't do the veggies justice. Those are monstrous. Longer than my forearm and I have monkey arms and they're super thick. Fantastic flavor too. What we ate was sliced thick and still only used half of one zucchini and half of one squash. Amazing!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    A winning spread as always man. And shoe fly pie to boot..  =)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SGH LoL you Sir are too kind. Our friend brought a bunch of goodies from PA..... So very thankful and it's great seeing her but, wish her mainsqueeze was with her...that and some venison :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - I have got to ask, how did the pie turn out?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Thanks @NPHuskerFL - Ill give that preparation try. ABT's look brilliant too
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Good looking grub! Making me hungry for shoo fly pie now. Haven't made one in years. Looks like I need to bake some pies one of these weekends.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    The pies were incredible @SGH our friend brought the Shoofly Pie from the Amish that's close to her home. The Cherry Pie she made and baked at her home in PA & brought to share with us. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    The pies were incredible
    I figured that they were^^^^^^. They sure did look great brother Husker. All kidding aside, pie is one of my very favorite snacks. I can really throw down on some good pies. Again, excellent job from take off to touchdown and great looking grub my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great. For some reason never done the cupcake chicken thighs. Do you take the time to scrape the fat off the skin or not? 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Great, love me some chicken and pie!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Awesome :plus_one: 

For a minute I thought the friend you were talking about was @hapster. Since I've never seen hap post a pic of a can, not to mention no cigar pics and his reaction above means it must not be him. :smiley: 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Damn Blake. Nice spread. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Looks great. For some reason never done the cupcake chicken thighs. Do you take the time to scrape the fat off the skin or not? 
    Thanks.  And an answer to your question.....sometimes yes and other times no. This time it was a yes.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    Wow! Amazing cook Blake! I love how this this sight can motivate you to cook better! Thanks
    St. Johns County, Florida